Author Topic: TNA look up at Kew re convict at Gillinghham who died 1873  (Read 1030 times)

Offline Humphpaul

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
TNA look up at Kew re convict at Gillinghham who died 1873
« on: Thursday 15 January 15 10:13 GMT (UK) »
Further to my general request for info. on death of a convict in 1873 at Gillingham Prison I now need someone who might do it at Kew records if possible. Thanks Humphpaul
Paul, Humphrey, Vaughan, Lewis, Williams, Parry, Jones, Fairclough, Howard, Allan, Baylis, Wright, Ritson.
Barmouth, Llangellinin, Liverpool, Maryport Cumberland, Port Glasgow, Nercwys (Nerquis), Mold, Gwysaney, Hope, Doddleston, Higher Kinnerton.

Offline Bookbox

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: TNA look up at Kew re convict at Gillinghham who died 1873
« Reply #1 on: Friday 16 January 15 11:57 GMT (UK) »
Have you seen the death at sea that was posted here?

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=709821.msg5535978#msg5535978

That post doesn't mention that the vessel was registered at Liverpool.

Offline Humphpaul

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 16 January 15 18:46 GMT (UK) »
Hello Bookbox. Great,  thanks, that certainly fills the bill very well and much more likely than the convict.
The Minnesota was an emigrant ship on regular runs from Liverpool to New York for the Guion Line.
There is lots of info on the Norwegian Heritage site and the FindMyPast  page has him as a trimmer(I think) which makes sense as his father was a fireman(stoker) and maybe it paid better and he would get back to Liverpool each month or so.
I will see if I can find an inquest report in the Liverpool papers next time there.
So I will close the Gillingham request with many thanks for all the help from everyone. Humphpaul
Paul, Humphrey, Vaughan, Lewis, Williams, Parry, Jones, Fairclough, Howard, Allan, Baylis, Wright, Ritson.
Barmouth, Llangellinin, Liverpool, Maryport Cumberland, Port Glasgow, Nercwys (Nerquis), Mold, Gwysaney, Hope, Doddleston, Higher Kinnerton.

Offline Bookbox

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 16 January 15 18:55 GMT (UK) »
It was MargP who found the death record, not me. You might want to post on the other thread, to ensure that she sees your response. :)

Offline Humphpaul

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 17 January 15 10:04 GMT (UK) »
Dear Bookbox, yes thanks I have sent a message to MargP telling her all about it. Cheers Humphpaul