Author Topic: Mary Collins & Michael Saunders Marriage Record  (Read 2704 times)

Offline spuddy

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Mary Collins & Michael Saunders Marriage Record
« on: Sunday 08 February 15 19:11 GMT (UK) »
 Michael Saunders was born 1797 in County Cork, Ireland, and died 15 Mar 1884 in Indian River, PEI. He married Mary Collins 1831 in Ireland. She was born 1806 in County Cork, Ireland, and died Abt. 1901 in Indian River, Prince Edward Island, Canada. 

This Mary Collins was most likely a sister to my ancestor, Peter Collins, who also emigrated to PEI around the same time.  They settled in an area first called Fermoy in PEI.  She named her oldest daughter, Ellen Mary and the name Ellen is frequently listed in the Saunders descendants.  Apparently they were married in Mitchelstown (sp)  Peter Collins named one of his sons, Patrick, if that is of any significance.

If anybody is researching the Collins family from Cork,  I would appreciate hearing from you.
Thank you.

Offline Avril-14

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Mary Collins & Michael Saunders Marriage Record
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 11 February 15 03:32 GMT (UK) »
hello
I am looking for Jerimiah Collins born abt.1831.Where in Cork sorry I haven't got the faintest idea. His children were Mary Collins born abt.1866 in Rhymney S.Wales, He also had Danny Collins & Hannah Collins. Iam not sure of their birth dates. and I can only assume that they were also born un Rhymney because that is where my grandmother and mtself was born.  There are some Woods in the family that I am trying to find out more about.
Cheers Avril :)
Harper, Potter, Jones, Alcock, Woods, Martin, Thomas, Jenkins.
England, Ireland, Wales

Offline spuddy

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 11 February 15 18:39 GMT (UK) »
Hi Avril:  Thanks for your reply and good luck with your research.  There was a Jeremiah Collins in Prince Edward Island although I  don't know of any connections but Ellen Collins-Saunders did name one of her sons, Jeremiah.  If you want to explore the Saunders-Collins lineage in Prince Edward Island to check for names it is located at islandregister.com under the lineage section, which is in alphabetical order.  Here are some URL's for Jeremiah Collins in PEI
Joseph Collins - Ancestral Trails Genealogy Web Site ...
www.ancestraltrails.ca/walker%20for%20web-o/p203.htm
Death*, James Edward Collins died on 28 September 1963 at age 19.1. Citations. [S362] Harold Cairns, Electronic Family File, Stanley Bridge, Prince Edward Island. ... Marchbanks. Death*, Jeremiah Collins died in 1830 in Kentucky, U.S.A..
Jeremiah Saunders - Records - Ancestry.ca
records.ancestry.ca/jeremiah_saunders_records.ashx?pid=127581873
10 Records - Born in Spring Valley, Prince Edward Island, Canada on 4 Aug 1841 to Michael Saunders and Mary Collins. Jeremiah married Johanna Ready and  ...
Ellen Collins - Ancestry.ca
search.ancestry.ca/.../sse.dll?...Collins...
Birth: abt 1863 - Prince Edward Island. Residence: Charlottetown Ward 4 West, Queens, Prince Edward Island ... Father: Jeremiah Collins. Birth: year - location.

Offline Avril-14

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 11 February 15 19:29 GMT (UK) »
Hi Spuddy
Thanks for all that information!!! Wow. I will have to have a great look at the site. If I can be of any help in NZ let me know. Avril  :)
Harper, Potter, Jones, Alcock, Woods, Martin, Thomas, Jenkins.
England, Ireland, Wales