Author Topic: thomas smith porter  (Read 1486 times)

Offline roly

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
thomas smith porter
« on: Saturday 28 February 15 13:29 GMT (UK) »
Long-running investigation into the life of Thomas Smith Porter, one-time printer in Cirencester and Wotton-under-Edge...(c. 1815-1819).  Found a reference to the marriage of T. S. P and an Elizabeth Holder in Westbury on Severn on 6th September 1813.  Hoping that there are details associated with this marriage that could further my investigation.  Any chance that anyone can advance the search?

It'd be handy if anyone has any other detail about T. S. P.  I haven't found any birth or death notices and he doesn't appear in censuses as far as I've been able to consult them...
I am no longer able to respond to my threads on RootsChat, Ihave enjoyed my time here and my research. My notification have been turned off.

Offline giggsycat

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Thomas Smith Porter
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 28 February 15 13:54 GMT (UK) »
Hi Roly

This is the transcription of the marriage from http://www.forest-of-dean.net/joomla/

Thomas Smith Porter bachelor of Gloucester m 13 Sep 1813 at Westbury on Severn by licence Elizabeth Holder spinster otp

You have to register to use the site but it is free to search.

Offline roly

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: thomas smith porter
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 28 February 15 14:00 GMT (UK) »
Many thanks for your very quick response.  Misfortunately, the detail I was hoping for - ages, occupation of TSP and something of his history are all lacking.

Onwards and sideways,

roly
I am no longer able to respond to my threads on RootsChat, Ihave enjoyed my time here and my research. My notification have been turned off.

Offline Dave Jones

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 28 February 15 21:54 GMT (UK) »
Gloucester Journal 26th September 1840
Died - Aug 9, in Britannia-street, City-road, London, Mt Thos S Porter, printer, aged 55, formerly of this city.

Offline roly

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 01 March 15 08:42 GMT (UK) »
Thank you, Dave Jones...This is the first really positive piece of information that has come to light.

roly