Author Topic: FALCONBRIDGE/QUINN Ballintra  (Read 3467 times)

Offline myrtlebank

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
FALCONBRIDGE/QUINN Ballintra
« on: Wednesday 06 July 05 03:12 BST (UK) »
Possible Look Up?

Can someone help please. Am looking for any information about Falconbridge Family, Ballintra area, namely:

1.  Birth date of Catherine Falconbridge born around 1876
Siblings, Alexander, William, Mary, Caroline Angelo Joseph Barry. All born in Donegal, also parents Alexander and Catherine (Quinn).

2.  Date of Marriage of parents Catherine Quinn and Alexander Falconbridge, believed to be Donegal around 1867

3. Identifying information about Alexander Falconbridge, (birth date believed to be around 1830), parents' names, anything... not common name in Ireland and family believed not to be in Ireland after 1890. This family migrated to Australia in 1880.

Any information gratefully received.
Valerie Currer

Offline audrey

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: FALCONBRIDGE/QUINN Ballintra
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 06 July 05 08:40 BST (UK) »
Possible Look Up?

Can someone help please. Am looking for any information about Falconbridge Family, Ballintra area, namely:

1.  Birth date of Catherine Falconbridge born around 1876
Siblings, Alexander, William, Mary, Caroline Angelo Joseph Barry. All born in Donegal, also parents Alexander and Catherine (Quinn).

2.  Date of Marriage of parents Catherine Quinn and Alexander Falconbridge, believed to be Donegal around 1867

3. Identifying information about Alexander Falconbridge, (birth date believed to be around 1830), parents' names, anything... not common name in Ireland and family believed not to be in Ireland after 1890. This family migrated to Australia in 1880.

Any information gratefully received.
Valerie Currer

FALCONBRIDGE, Alexander   Bir   1868   Irel   Done
Fa:   Alexander FALCONBRIDGE
Mo:   Catharine QUINN
FALCONBRIDGE, William John   Bir   1869   Irel   Done
Mo:   Catharine QUINN
FALCONBRIDGE, Mary   Bir   1871   Irel   Done
Mo:   Catharine QUIN
FALCONBRIDGE, Caroline   Bir   1873   Irel   Done
Fa:   Alexander Falconbridge
Mo:   Catharine Q

full details if you want them

audrey

Offline myrtlebank

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: FALCONBRIDGE Alexander & Catherine Quinn Ballintra
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 06 July 05 08:58 BST (UK) »
Hello Audrey

Thank you for your response,however I do already have all the information you have sent regarding births of the Falconbridge children, with the exception of my grandmother, Catherine Falconbridge, born around 1876, probably after Mary.  I also am looking for a date for the marriage of Alexander and Catherine Quinn.. presumed to have been in Donegal.  Alexander may have been a merchant seaman before coming to Australia. Where would I have to look for this information?

Also any  other birth deaths or marriages  re the  name Falconbridge in the Donegal/Ballintra area. (I believe there was another daughter perhaps stillborn)  I do know there was a William Falconbridge, customs officer Quay Street Donegal, around 1846 who could have been either Alexander's brother or father. I was told that information would be at Drumholm?

Thank you
Valerie Currer NSW

Offline audrey

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: FALCONBRIDGE/QUINN Ballintra
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 06 July 05 09:02 BST (UK) »
Hello Audrey

Thank you for your response,however I do already have all the information you have sent regarding births of the Falconbridge children, with the exception of my grandmother, Catherine Falconbridge, born around 1876, probably after Mary.  I also am looking for a date for the marriage of Alexander and Catherine Quinn.. presumed to have been in Donegal.  Alexander may have been a merchant seaman before coming to Australia. Where would I have to look for this information?

Also any  other birth deaths or marriages  re the  name Falconbridge in the Donegal/Ballintra area. (I believe there was another daughter perhaps stillborn)  I do know there was a William Falconbridge, customs officer Quay Street Donegal, around 1846 who could have been either Alexander's brother or father. I was told that information would be at Drumholm?

Thank you
Valerie Currer NSW

I did look for the marriage but its not on the BVRI and that was all I could find in Ireland but there was loads in England

audrey