Author Topic: Rose Hannah - Anderston, Glasgow  (Read 9221 times)

Offline loobylooayr

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Rose Hannah - Anderston, Glasgow
« Reply #27 on: Tuesday 17 March 15 14:26 GMT (UK) »
Hi again  :)

Was David 'adopted' or 'fostered'?
My interpretations  of the posts are that David Hanna was brought up from 1908 in an orphanage then moved to an industrial school when he was older circa 1914 and was still in the "care system" of the time in 1918 when Rose Ann Hannah of Glasgow gave her contact details to the orphanage.

Looby :)

Offline Rosinish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • PASSED & PAST
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Tuesday 17 March 15 14:38 GMT (UK) »
Was David 'adopted' or 'fostered'?

Looby,

Looks like fostered if we look closer.............to be honest I suppose I didn't read it properly as the objective was finding the certs. etc  ;D

Annie
South Uist, Inverness-shire, Scotland:- Bowie, Campbell, Cumming, Currie

Ireland:- Cullen, Flannigan (Derry), Donahoe/Donaghue (variants) (Cork), McCrate (Tipperary), Mellon, Tol(l)and (Donegal & Tyrone)

Newcastle-on-Tyne/Durham (Northumberland):- Harrison, Jude, Kemp, Lunn, Mellon, Robson, Stirling

Kettering, Northampton:- MacKinnon

Canada:- Callaghan, Cumming, MacPhee

"OLD GENEALOGISTS NEVER DIE - THEY JUST LOSE THEIR CENSUS"

Offline Rosinish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • PASSED & PAST
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Tuesday 17 March 15 14:43 GMT (UK) »
Looby,

The topic has now been opened on here:

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=715832.new%3btopicseen#new

Annie

Ireland:- Cullen, Flannigan (Derry), Donahoe/Donaghue (variants) (Cork), McCrate (Tipperary), Mellon, Tol(l)and (Donegal & Tyrone)

Newcastle-on-Tyne/Durham (Northumberland):- Harrison, Jude, Kemp, Lunn, Mellon, Robson, Stirling

Offline Rosinish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • PASSED & PAST
    • View Profile

Offline terry h

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • With Mum x
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Saturday 08 August 15 16:48 BST (UK) »
William Houghton married Rose Ann Hannah on the 31/12/1895, St Saviours, Glasgow...he was a driver in the R.A. Her parents were George and Catherine Hannah nee Kerr.

Catherine Kerr Houghton, b 1/7/1900, 8 Ferguson Street, Glasgow, Parents William Houghton, driver R.A and Rose Ann Houghton nee Hannah is in the Army Regimental Indices for 1900 father in R.A.  I can't find a William Jr there.

Hope this is of some help.

Terry
g grandfather Thomas Borthwick 11/11/1882 - KIA 25/9/1915 aged 33 Kings Own Scottish Borderers

Brothers & cousins to Thomas (Both KIA same day)
Robert Johnstone Borthwick 1898 - KIA 24/3/1918 aged 21 North Staffordshire Regiment

George Lowden Borthwick 1899 - KIA 24/3/1918 aged 19 Royal Scots Fusiliers

gr Uncle Walter Combe b1893 - KIA 12/7/1915 aged 22  Kings Own Scottish Borderers

Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright  GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

Offline Lagan86

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Monday 25 May 20 21:29 BST (UK) »
Hi, I realise that this is a very old post and this might not be the same person however, I am researching my family tree and my great great great grandfathers sister was Rose or Rose Ann Lagan, born 23/09/1872. She married a James Hannah in Lennoxtown in Dec 1902 but was from Northern Ireland (although born in Portsmouth as her father was in the army). The strange thing is that my Grandfathers Cousin had done their family tree and there is no mention of our shared GGG parent having a sister called Rose even though she moved over to Lennnoxtown at the same time and was married there. I have also not been able to find any other records after her marriage. I know that it might be a long shot it is the same person and I have been down a few rabbit holes researching but I hope that might help your search.