Author Topic: Bonnitcha  (Read 1882 times)

Offline stephenbonn

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Bonnitcha
« on: Saturday 21 March 15 21:50 GMT (UK) »
Hi
My gg grandfather came from Liverpool to Australia in 1856 on the ship "Sir W F Williams" so he says, there is no record of him as a passenger, he was a mariner so he could have been a crew member, no record of that either. He said that he came from Trieste, Italy on his ship manifests when he worked in Tasmania on boats going from Hobart, Tasmania, Australia to Melbourne or Sydney, Australia. He was born 25/12/1832 and his name was Nicholas Bonachi or with a t Bonachit or it could be Bonniccia when pronounced sounds like my name now which is Bonnitcha with a silent t (Bonni cha). He also said on his nationalised papers that he came from Ragusa, Austria and that his parents were Marcello and Catarina no last name on either of them, it also says that Marcello was a seaman.
Any information on Nicholas or his parents would be greatly appreciated as I have also asked other people, but they seem to come up with what I already have. I know there could be some variations in the name but I don't know where he actually came from. I have had some relations who thought he came from Croatia and went to Croatia but they came up with nothing, so I am thinking he is Italian as lot of my Italian friends have said, but as they live in Australia they can't help me with anything.

Hope you can help me.

Thank You
Stephen
Bonnitcha (Bonachit, Bonniccia, Bonacci), Fleming, Anderson, Fraser, Watson, Neal, Finlayson, McKenzie, McQueeney, Peddison, Cuming, Burgess, Boyton, Mallin, Bruce, Bird, Howes, Ward, Richards

Offline Lisajj

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Exhall Colliery & Brickworks - very rare photo
    • View Profile
Re: Bonnitcha
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 21 March 15 22:13 GMT (UK) »
There's a marriage record for him on Find My Past
Johnson, Crankshaw, Burdett, Shaw, Dawson/Dulson, Whitebread/Whitbread, Drane, Hyett, Holtaway, Thompson, Bodell, Livermore, Gee, Vernon, Smith......the list goes on....and on...and on....

Offline Lisajj

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Exhall Colliery & Brickworks - very rare photo
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 21 March 15 22:16 GMT (UK) »
Nicholas Bonnatchi, living in Tasmania. Date 23 Jan 1892. M. Florence Isabel Warford
Place : Hobart, Tasmania
Johnson, Crankshaw, Burdett, Shaw, Dawson/Dulson, Whitebread/Whitbread, Drane, Hyett, Holtaway, Thompson, Bodell, Livermore, Gee, Vernon, Smith......the list goes on....and on...and on....

Offline garstonite

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 22 March 15 09:16 GMT (UK) »
Do you know Graeme Diprose ?
www.geneanet.org
register
surname Bonnitcha
place - leave blank
1 result ......CLICK on the green tree right hand side
3 Bonnitcha family in Australia..................Graeme Diprose is the familytree owner and he has a contact e mail address  on that site
good luck
oakes,liverpool..neston..backford..poulton cum spittal(bebington)middlewich,cheshire......   sacht,helgoland  .......merrick,herefordshire adams,shropshire...tipping..ellis..  jones,garston,liverpool..hartley.dunham massey..barker. salford

Offline stephenbonn

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 22 March 15 09:36 GMT (UK) »
Thank you Lisajj and garstonite, I will check it out.
Thanks again
Stephen
Bonnitcha (Bonachit, Bonniccia, Bonacci), Fleming, Anderson, Fraser, Watson, Neal, Finlayson, McKenzie, McQueeney, Peddison, Cuming, Burgess, Boyton, Mallin, Bruce, Bird, Howes, Ward, Richards