Author Topic: William Coulson and harriette Coultis leamington Ontario obit look up please!!  (Read 7958 times)

Offline Torrie

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Hello looking for obituaries for

William Coulson (1800- nov 7 1881) born in Northumberland, England, immigrated to , married and lived in Mersea, leamington Ontario

Wife harriette Coultis (1818-may 3 1908) born upper Canada married lived and died in Mersea leamington Ontario.

Looking for obituaries to find their parents names hopefully.

Thank you!!
Scott, Coulson, Simpson, Livingstone, Odgers, McBride, McAlister, McInnes, Aitichison, McCallum, Cameron, McKinnon, Fullerton, Robertson, Fairbairn, Craig, Draffin,

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
If nothing pans out on here - Have you thought about an e-mail to Leamington & Mersea Historical Society  ???

http://leamingtonmersea.webs.com/contactinformation.htm

Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline lilybell

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Hi Torrie
 Found this family on 1861 Canadian census the parents William and Harriett had several children 8 in total.  Working backwards might help find more information on the family.

William died 1881 and Harriet died 1908. I do not know for sure if there would be a obituary for either of them. I believe their marriage looks to be about 1841 going by the age of the oldest child on the above census .

Trying the link Sandra posted might be helpful. I have another source to try but must go serve supper first.

Lilybell
Harrod Essex and Kent England
McCrimmon Invernesshire  Scotland

Offline cosmac

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
http://ink.ourontario.ca/
Leamington paper for 1908 through this link

Offline RunKitty

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Hi,

This book about Essex county pioneers says that Grandpa Coulson (no name given :'() had lots of land in Northumberland, about 10 miles from the border of Scotland.  He had 3 sons - Edward, John and William.  Edward inherited the land in England.

There is quite a bit about this family here...

http://www.ourroots.ca/page.aspx?id=640703&qryID=4d41e122-34b1-441f-a42d-2c3ebf88fbe4

RK

Offline Torrie

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Run kitty,

Thank you this is an amazing resource!! Wonderful it confirms spelling of harriette Coultis as well that the family is from Devonshire!

Torrie
Scott, Coulson, Simpson, Livingstone, Odgers, McBride, McAlister, McInnes, Aitichison, McCallum, Cameron, McKinnon, Fullerton, Robertson, Fairbairn, Craig, Draffin,

Offline lilybell

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Hi Torrie

If you go on to the newspaper link that cosmic posted and key in William Coulson in the search box at top right corner of the page you will see a nice article on William. And if you key in Harriet Coulson you will a death notice for her in the Leaming Post May 5 1932.

Lilybell :) :)
Harrod Essex and Kent England
McCrimmon Invernesshire  Scotland

Offline Torrie

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Yes thank you for the newspaper link as well. I have been trying all night to make the images work but they appear all mambo jumbo when I click on them.

As far as the 1932 death notice I think that must be for one of her children as she died in 1908. Thanks again!!!

Offline cosmac

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
The 1932 notice is for your Harriett - it is just a reprise article of events that happened 24 years in the past.

The obituary for Harriet is on the first page of the May 7 1908 Leamington Post.  Edges are damaged so some information is lost.  Lists her brothers and sisters.