Author Topic: Could you help with cleaning this photo Walsh family Lancashire  (Read 1557 times)

Offline lindash51

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Could you help with cleaning this photo Walsh family Lancashire
« on: Wednesday 01 April 15 22:12 BST (UK) »
Hi - I don't know if you can help with this but I have recently 'found' some old slides which are now over 50 years old and having been able to scan them I am amazed at how they have kept their colour - especially as they have just been in a cardboard box in my loft for at least 25 of those years. However they have gathered some dust  or similar and while I have  brushed them with a soft brush it doesn't seem to have made any difference. Is there anything you can do to clean up the attached? It is a photo of myself and 2 of my brothers and a cousin and was taken by my grandmother and I have never seen them before - it feels like I have found some treasure Thank you for your time. Linda
Walsh, Ramwell, Roscoe, Whitworth, Hindley, Court, Lobb, Heywood, Bolton, Raby, McMail, Bullough, Fairclough

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Could you help with cleaning this photo Walsh family Lancashire
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 01 April 15 22:14 BST (UK) »
Aw isn't it lovely and what a treasure to find.....this one should clean up really well as it's in quite good condition.
Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU

Offline saddles

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 02 April 15 01:29 BST (UK) »
Hi Linda....What a wonderful find a blast from the past.

Carolyn  :)
Townson - Cartmel                      O'Malley - Askeaton, Ireland
Sadler - Dymock & Salford           Tomlinson - St Peters, Leeds
Wilkinson - Salford                      Chant - Sherbourne, Dorset
Garner - Pendleton

Online japeflakes

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 02 April 15 08:33 BST (UK) »
light touch

Offline lindash51

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 02 April 15 09:54 BST (UK) »
Thank you to both of you - you have done a superb job and can't imagine how you do it and I have tried but with very little success. Anyway I was really pleased when I saw the slide in the first place but am now well impressed  as 50+ years later and they look perfect and  Iam looking forward to showing my brothers. Thank you again - much appreciated. Linda
Walsh, Ramwell, Roscoe, Whitworth, Hindley, Court, Lobb, Heywood, Bolton, Raby, McMail, Bullough, Fairclough

Offline ymfoster

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 03 April 15 14:00 BST (UK) »
My effort,  :)

Yvonne
Restorers may use my restores to colour, acknowledgement appreciated.

Mostly England - <br />Walne Nfk - Argent Barritt Hammond Sfk - Asprey Comber Cribb Gundrey Higgs Plaw Sewell Sumption Sry - Baldwin Bull Nth -  Brumfield Dufty London Wor -  Calverley Greenhalgh Lan - Dodson Stainsby NRY - Denison WRY - Whittle Yks - Dormer Mdx - Felmingham Eng - Grecian Nbl -  Hayse Mass US - Jenner Ounstead Weeding Ssx - McDonald Skye - Campbell McIndoe McMillan Inv - Window Gls

Offline lindash51

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Friday 03 April 15 15:26 BST (UK) »
Thank you Uvonne - I love it and the detail is so clear, it seems quite unbelievable to me to get a photo that is over 50 year old with that sort of colour and clarity. Much appreciated. Linda

Offline ymfoster

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Friday 03 April 15 23:03 BST (UK) »
You're very welcome Linda,  :)

I think quality film & good storage would help to keep the colour also,

Yvonne
Restorers may use my restores to colour, acknowledgement appreciated.

Mostly England - <br />Walne Nfk - Argent Barritt Hammond Sfk - Asprey Comber Cribb Gundrey Higgs Plaw Sewell Sumption Sry - Baldwin Bull Nth -  Brumfield Dufty London Wor -  Calverley Greenhalgh Lan - Dodson Stainsby NRY - Denison WRY - Whittle Yks - Dormer Mdx - Felmingham Eng - Grecian Nbl -  Hayse Mass US - Jenner Ounstead Weeding Ssx - McDonald Skye - Campbell McIndoe McMillan Inv - Window Gls