Author Topic: Where Am I No 9 (moved from WAI No 3).  (Read 5607 times)

Offline Trishanne

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Where Am I No 9 (moved from WAI No 3).
« Reply #27 on: Sunday 26 April 15 22:00 BST (UK) »
Brilliant result yet again, Yorkslass, you are so clever x
Bownass - Lancashire & Westmorland
Hoggarth - Lancashire & Westmorland
Jackson- Lancaster
Waller - Dent, Yorkshire dales
Omerod - Lancashire
Redburn - Lancashire
Evans - Hereford

RESTORERS please do not use my restores without my permission THANK YOU

Offline DavidG02

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Monday 27 April 15 00:17 BST (UK) »
Well done YL  :)

YL it seems, and everyone has finally worked it out after 15 pics, LOOK FOR THE CLIFTON-BROWN CONNECTION.  ;D

Cazza you have a nice packet of photos there and I hope you stumble upon another great set next time
Genealogy-Its a family thing

Paternal: Gibbins,McNamara, Jenkins, Schumann,  Inwood, Sheehan, Quinlan, Tierney, Cole

Maternal: Munn, Simpson , Brighton, Clayfield, Westmacott, Corbell, Hatherell, Blacksell/Blackstone, Boothey , Muirhead

Son: Bull, Kneebone, Lehmann, Cronin, Fowler, Yates, Biglands, Rix, Carpenter, Pethick, Carrick, Male, London, Jacka, Tilbrook, Scott, Hampshire, Buckley

Brickwalls-   Schumann, Simpson,Westmacott/Wennicot
Scott, Cronin
Gedmatch Kit : T812072

Offline cazza59

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Monday 27 April 15 07:49 BST (UK) »
Unbelievable!!!  ;D ;D ;D

What fantastic lateral thinking, take a bow Yorkslass!!  8) 8) 8)

That makes it four all with Still Looking, what amazing results from both of you!

Thank you so very much Yorkslass, delighted, thrilled and over the moon barely cover it!  ;D ;D ;D

I have a few people photos with this one (as in they have the same proof number, so assuming they are connected).  I will post them on a Who Am I thread connected to this one with the hope that maybe they are of the Nix family and can be identified.  :D

Caz

Wilkinson - Shropshire;  Jones - Hereford; Mitchell - Brighton; Emery - Brighton; Hall - Brighton Christopher - Dorset; Bussell - Dorset; <br /><br /><br />This information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk<br /><]

Offline cazza59

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Monday 27 April 15 09:36 BST (UK) »
Wow, you are getting ingenious with your thinking and it has paid off.

I have just googled Tilgate Mansion and saw it was once owned by the Nix family, they were bankers.  There seems to be a common theme of bankers living at these houses.

The bad news is the house was demolished in 1965.  :'(

Bankers or brewers…so that's where I went wrong and definitely picked the wrong profession!  ;D ;D ;D

Sad to read a second one has been lost.  So remiss of the powers that be to let it get to such a state that it was beyond repair!  >:(

Caz
Wilkinson - Shropshire;  Jones - Hereford; Mitchell - Brighton; Emery - Brighton; Hall - Brighton Christopher - Dorset; Bussell - Dorset; <br /><br /><br />This information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk<br /><]

Offline cazza59

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Monday 27 April 15 09:37 BST (UK) »
Wow...Nice work YL  8)
Carol

Agreed!  Thanks for your input as well Carol!  :-*

Caz

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Monday 27 April 15 10:01 BST (UK) »
So...when does the book come out and who will be writing it Caz  ;D ;D ;D
Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU

Offline cazza59

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Monday 27 April 15 10:06 BST (UK) »
It is now part of a really nice park - Tilgate Park

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tilgate_Park

Thankfully the council saw sense and preserved some of the grounds.  Thanks for posting the link Groom!

Have you seen a photo of the lodge that is now a bank….heart breaking!

Caz

Offline cazza59

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Monday 27 April 15 10:15 BST (UK) »
A set of very sad photos of the house in a run down state (you may not want to look  :-\)

https://www.flickr.com/photos/98029370@N00/544016539/

Sorry, had to change the link, not all the photos appeared first time.

My internet is too slow at the moment so I can't get these to load but will look as soon as I can.

Thanks for posting the link Jools!  :-*

Caz

Offline cazza59

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Monday 27 April 15 10:30 BST (UK) »
Brilliant result yet again, Yorkslass, you are so clever x

Yes she is, but thanks to you as well for sticking with it as well Pat!  :-*

Caz