Author Topic: Need help with old Welsh family album - identification and handwriting?  (Read 10551 times)

Online Ruskie

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Need help with old Welsh family album - identification and handwriting?
« Reply #27 on: Sunday 03 March 19 11:05 GMT (UK) »
It is a shame to see family treasures such as these which are thrown away, however in this case the OP thinks it might have come from a house clearance so a slightly different set of circumstances -  possibly the end of the family line, no known relatives and the entire contents of the home were disposed of. Luckily this has now gone to a good home.

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline hettie2000

• RootsChat Member
  • Gt-grandfather JC Oldham
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Sunday 03 March 19 15:29 GMT (UK) »
Thanks everyone... I'm still here! ;D And thrilled that this old thread is still of interest. Thanks elacass, for your suggestions, and I'll be in touch via private mail. It's a while since I thought about this album (which I still have) so will have to refresh my memory. I don't remember coming across Tanygrisiau before so look forward to finding out more.

I have a habit (compulsion) of collecting old photographs. I don't understand how people can get rid of them either. I buy them to research the family and often share them on a blog I keep. I've found that the photos usually come from the end of a family line, as Ruskie says. I did have one success last year though, where the owner had lost some photos during a house move. I picked them up online from someone who had bought them at auction, and they were reunited with their original owner/family!

So it would be wonderful to find out more about this Welsh album. I'll keep you all posted  :)

I've just been re-reading the thread and realised mandywills mentioned Tanygrisiau too. Sorry, I missed that post at the time...  :(
Hyde, Oldham, Anderton, Barber, Lord, Bowler, Roebuck, Hadfield, Cowell - all Cheshire/Lancashire

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline GillyJ

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Sunday 03 March 19 20:36 GMT (UK) »
Ewythr is welsh for uncle - Dad's brother.