Author Topic: Mary Margarite Godin and Wilbert Holt  (Read 2995 times)

Offline charby

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Mary Margarite Godin and Wilbert Holt
« on: Thursday 23 April 15 15:21 BST (UK) »
Hi I have been searching for Mary Margarite Godin who married a man named Wilbert Holt.The only information I have of him was he was born about 1910. Mary Margarite Godin's parents were John Godin born in 1879 Québec and died the 15 may,1964 Chatham,Québec and her mother was Mary Ellen Marion born 1877 Québec and died 22 april,1953 arundel,Québec.I have searched for the mariage of Mary margarite Godin and Wilbert Holt on family search and mes aïeux and ancestry(i am not a membre there)So could not find anything.I am hoping someone could find birth,death and mariage dates for the. Thank you in advance.
barrow upon soar , leicestershire:   Darby
loughborough, leicestershire : selby
rempstone , nottingham, selby
nottingham: whitehead
watford, hertfordshire : hull
Derbyshire: Selby
kegworth leics, annable
melton mowbray:Darby

Offline charby

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Mary Margarite Godin and Wilbert Holt
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 23 April 15 16:17 BST (UK) »
I looked on another site and have found this Wilbert Holt married Mary Margarite Godin the 5 May,1937 Montréal presbytérien,île de Montréal,Québec.I have Wilberts parents as Édouard Holt and Margaret May Townend,it may of been Townsend but it is written Townsend. At least i have this. ;D
kegworth leics, annable

Offline Jacquie in Canada

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Canadian, eh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 29 April 15 17:05 BST (UK) »
The marriage is listed in the Drouin Collection at Ancestry (it's indexed with only surnames). There are a few difference in the entry compared to what you posted. The entry has Margaret Mary Godin listed and she signs her name Margaret Godin. Her mother is listed as Mary Helen. Wilbert's name is listed as Wilbert Cyrus Holt and his father is listed as Edward. Here is a copy of the entry.

Jacquie
Canada: Patterson, Brown, Haidenger/Heidinger, Meyer, Johnston(e), Gorsuch, Kitchin/Kitchen
United States: Patterson, Smith, Brown, Vance, Bower(s), Newberry, Best, Love, Gorsuch
England (Northumberland): Brown, Whitfield, Henderson
Scotland (Glasgow, Edinburgh, Fife, East Lothian): Johnston(e), Bell, Galloway, Campbell, Robertson, Williamson, Thomson, Crawford
Germans from Russia: Haidenger/Heidinger, Meyer, Meach, Lorenz

Offline Jacquie in Canada

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Canadian, eh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 29 April 15 17:17 BST (UK) »
I just noticed in the marriage entry that the groom is listed as Wilbert in the body of the text but he signed his name Wilbur.

I believe I have found an entry for the couple in the Canada Voters List from 1940 in Montreal. They are listed as Wilburd Holt, mechanic and Mrs. Marguerite Holt.

More spellings for their names. No wonder you are having difficulties finding them.

Jacquie

Jacquie
Canada: Patterson, Brown, Haidenger/Heidinger, Meyer, Johnston(e), Gorsuch, Kitchin/Kitchen
United States: Patterson, Smith, Brown, Vance, Bower(s), Newberry, Best, Love, Gorsuch
England (Northumberland): Brown, Whitfield, Henderson
Scotland (Glasgow, Edinburgh, Fife, East Lothian): Johnston(e), Bell, Galloway, Campbell, Robertson, Williamson, Thomson, Crawford
Germans from Russia: Haidenger/Heidinger, Meyer, Meach, Lorenz

Offline charby

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 31 August 15 20:16 BST (UK) »
Hi again, would it be possible if someone could find out when and where Mary Margarite and wilbert holt died please ??? :)
kegworth leics, annable

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 31 August 15 20:24 BST (UK) »
US Social Security Death Index shows - B. C. Richards (Barbara Carol Richards) born 25 July 1938 - passed away 15 January 1990 - ) SSN issued Florida (1981)

US Social Security Applications and Claims Index shows - Barbara Carol Richards [B C Richards]
Barbara Carol Holt - 25 July 1938 Montreal Canada. Father  Wilbur C Holt Mother Name Margaret M Godin. Legal alien not authorised to work.   Signature on SSN Card Barbara Harford

Sandra

"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 31 August 15 20:32 BST (UK) »
Mrs Barbara Harford appeared on Canada Voters List - 1963 - York Ontario - with a Bruce Harford - (Real Estate)

Bruce Harford - City Directory Peel Dufferin; Simcoe, Ontario, Canada 1968
Anc tree gives Buried 1 March 1981 St James Cemetery Toronto - also states Barbara Harford - passed away 31 Jan1990 in London, Ontario, Canada

Perhaps RK may find an obituary for Bruce.

Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline RunKitty

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Monday 31 August 15 22:11 BST (UK) »
Not seeing an obituary in the Toronto papers.   

There is an ad in 1976 looking for salespersons who have a lot of experience in condominium sales to work for a large Canadian Developer.  The ad is place by Greenwin Developments, and the contact person is Barbara Harford... with a Toronto phone number.  So, Barbara was still in Toronto at that time (at least her work number was a Toronto number)

RK