Author Topic: Missing piece of the Bryant Family  (Read 1732 times)

Offline Steve Davidson

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Missing piece of the Bryant Family
« on: Saturday 25 April 15 21:44 BST (UK) »
John Bryant was born in Cheltenham c1843 and was the son of John Bryant c1813, Gloucester and Ann Capener c1821, Abergavenny. I would appreciate it if someone could look up the baptism of John.

Offline Victor Harvey

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Victor is very ill, this account will close soon.
    • View Profile
Re: Missing piece of the Bryant Family
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 26 April 15 08:01 BST (UK) »
Hi Steve,
I can confirm the birth of John BRYANT, 1843 Cheltenham 11 223 Dec Qtr. St Mary, Cheltenham is the main parish church and I will check their baptism records for you at Glos Archives (GA) next Tuesday.
Additionally, there is a birth of a George BRYANT, mother nee CAPENER, in the parish of St John the Baptist, 1848 Gloster 11 335 Mar Qtr. I'll also check for George's baptism at the same time.
HARVEY, Guiting Power, Glos                     
PORTER, Gunmakers of Whitechapel
ALLEN - Blockley, BOWLES - Notgrove, BURROWS - Sevenhampton, COOK - Notgrove, DRINKWATER-LUNN - Aston Cross, FARDON - Temple Guiting, FAULKNER - Cheltenham, GADEN, GAYDEN, GAYDON, GRINHAM - Cheltenham, HART - Stow-on-the-Wold, LANE - Staverton, MOABY - Coln St Aldwyns, STAITE - Temple Guiting, TIMBRELL - Winchcombe, TYSOE - Warks & Glos, WHITFORD - Stanway, WINTLE - Forest of Dean, WYNNIATT - Stanway

Offline Steve Davidson

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 26 April 15 18:01 BST (UK) »
Hi Victor,

Thank you for your offer to look this up for me. I have the baptism of George Bryant for the 18th April 1848, St Marks, Gloucester, he died aged 15 years in Cheltenham.

This family have been difficult to trace and map their time line. They seem to have moved around a lot, Gloucester, Stroud, Cheltenham, Abergaveny and Hereford. John's brother William Bryant ended up in Barnstaple, Devon and he is my direct descendant, but it's John that I am interested in at present.

The brickwall I have with this family is the marriage of John Bryant and Ann Capener, there is no records found as yet and I have been trying for a very long time.

Regards

Steve

Offline Victor Harvey

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 26 April 15 18:32 BST (UK) »
Hi Steve,
Thanks for the feedback about the baptism of George BRYANT. Fingers crossed, I should find the baptism of John next Tuesday.
I have checked the Gloucestershire BMD indexes, but could find NO marriage for John & Ann.
Victor
ALLEN - Blockley, BOWLES - Notgrove, BURROWS - Sevenhampton, COOK - Notgrove, DRINKWATER-LUNN - Aston Cross, FARDON - Temple Guiting, FAULKNER - Cheltenham, GADEN, GAYDEN, GAYDON, GRINHAM - Cheltenham, HART - Stow-on-the-Wold, LANE - Staverton, MOABY - Coln St Aldwyns, STAITE - Temple Guiting, TIMBRELL - Winchcombe, TYSOE - Warks & Glos, WHITFORD - Stanway, WINTLE - Forest of Dean, WYNNIATT - Stanway

Offline Victor Harvey

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 28 April 15 15:53 BST (UK) »
Hi Steve,
I have checked all the Cheltenham parish churches, that were in existence c.1843/44, and there is NO sign of a baptism for John BRYANT.
Victor

Offline Steve Davidson

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 28 April 15 19:57 BST (UK) »
Hi Victor,

According to the two census records for John his birth was recorded as Cheltenham, I assume that as the family moved around the Gloucester area who could have been baptised elsewhere.

Thanks for your time and effort

Regards

Steve.