Author Topic: Wish someone else was searching for...  (Read 15734 times)

Offline jimgillbanks

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Wish someone else was searching for...
« Reply #45 on: Saturday 23 July 05 20:46 BST (UK) »
I'm the only one looking for GILLBANKS , mind you, when I find one were sure to be related, it's not a very common name. Jim.
Banks, Gillbanks, Fallows families in the  Furness area of Lancashire
Banks, Gillbanks, Cumberland. Westmoreland, Lancashire.
Betteridge, Liverpool,

Offline Caroline_d

• RootsChat Member
  • All information is appreciated
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: Monday 25 July 05 23:22 BST (UK) »
Is there anyone out there looking for or have details on the following:

Agnes Weild - daughter of John Weild born 28/04/1795 in Dornock?
She married -  4th June 1814, Annan.   Agnes Weild to William Blinkinship (maybe mis-transcribed, should be Blenkinsop, but other variations have been used).  Does anyone have info on William or Agnes' parents or siblings? 

Also looking for family of Wilhelmina Hope (she married the sone of William Blenkinsop - James)

I have her mothers name - Jane Scott born around 1786 - Roxburgh, Scotland.  Her father was William Hope born around 1782 Hawick, Roxburgh, Scotland.  Has oneone details on her parents or siblings?

I've drawn a blank..hoping someone might have information..

Thanks for reading this
Caroline
Anges Weild - Annan - married William Blenkinsop - Annan
Jane Scott, Roxborough who married William Hope (children, Wilhelmina Amelia, Horatio Nelson Trafalga Hope!) 
James Blenkinsop (born Dumfries)
James Blenkinsop (born Lancashire)
Wilhelmina Blenkisop (born Surrey) married Arthur Price (Wales)
Henry Reginald Price (Brecon, South Wales)
Evans (Coelbren, Wales)

Offline elf

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: Saturday 22 April 06 13:47 BST (UK) »
My G grandma was a Beddall but she was from Netherton Worcestershire Sue
Staffordshire Gloucester Lancashire
Haines Allen Bennett Fieldhouse Beddall.Whittle

Offline carol sea

• RootsChat Member
  • All census data is Crown copyright.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: Saturday 22 April 06 14:15 BST (UK) »
Hi Sue
Possibly part of the same family because I think I've now got mine back to Wolverhampton on the 1901. Joseph Beddal flour miller age 24 born Wolv. Staffs. Good chance this was my g.grandfather as flour millers named Beddall weren't 10 a penny!
Any link?  Do hope so....it's been a lonely search so far! :'(

Cheers
Carol

Sourbutts  -Ormskirk/North Meols/Southport/Liverpool
Barton - North Meols/Southport  
Bell - Dumfries/Edinburgh
Fields-  Edinburgh/London
Beddall  -Liverpool/Wolverhampton
Potts- Southport
Hewitt - Liverpool

They must be there-or I wouldn't be here!

Offline MrsLizzy

• I am very sorry but my email address is no longer working
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
  • A Woman Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: Saturday 22 April 06 22:22 BST (UK) »
Thank you Matty Joe and Margaret.
Feeling a bit more fed up today but nothing to do with rootdigging. Have just come across a nasty traffic accident and being one of the first on the scene, stopped to help.
No details but I feel really quite shakey now. Must say though that after I called 999 the police were there within minutes- sometimes they're there when you need them.Didn't stay until ambulance arrived as was told 'You can go now' by police , but only hope it wasn't too long. Can't get the image of the poor car driver out of my head.

Carol :(

Carol did you give first aid?  If I remember rightly from my training, they tell you you may feel upset afterwards and I think they said you can get help or counselling if necessary.  Maybe you could call your local Red Cross branch?
Connell (Mayo & Lancs 19th/20th c) Culling (Norfolk & London 19th c) Diss (Essex) Giesen (UK only 19th/20th c) Hackney (London) Henbest (Kent & Sussex) Hughes (Mayo to Burnley, Lancs & Edward, Parachute Regiment 40s, 50s) Lister (London) Maltby (Marylebone) Mayo (Glos) Nials Noquet (Huguenot) Phillips (S London) Poulain (France & London) Rayner (Halstead, Essex) Pratt (Kent & Sussex) Redfearn (London) Silk Speller (Rodings, Essex) Thompson (S London) Thurley Trundle Wade Westley

Offline carol sea

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: Saturday 22 April 06 22:32 BST (UK) »
Hi LIzzy
Yes I did briefly have to give first aid, but the police took over the job when they arrived. Seems such a long time ago now and I'm pleased to say that I did feel better the next day. Thanks for your concern and advice.

Since then I've been involved in an accident myself.Nowhere near as horrific as what I came across, but it took a while to get over, even though it was the other driver at fault, you still lose confidence in your own ability as a driver!The physical stuff heals if you're lucky, but the emotional scars stay with you.....

Carol
Potts- Southport
Hewitt - Liverpool

Offline MrsLizzy

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • A Woman Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: Saturday 22 April 06 22:39 BST (UK) »
I've got to start lessons soon.  If THAT doesn't scare you, nothing will.   8)

Instructor:  "Mind that car!"
MrsLizzy:    "What car?!"
Instructor:  "The one you just nearly hit!!!" 

:-[
Connell (Mayo & Lancs 19th/20th c) Culling (Norfolk & London 19th c) Diss (Essex) Giesen (UK only 19th/20th c) Hackney (London) Henbest (Kent & Sussex) Hughes (Mayo to Burnley, Lancs & Edward, Parachute Regiment 40s, 50s) Lister (London) Maltby (Marylebone) Mayo (Glos) Nials Noquet (Huguenot) Phillips (S London) Poulain (France & London) Rayner (Halstead, Essex) Pratt (Kent & Sussex) Redfearn (London) Silk Speller (Rodings, Essex) Thompson (S London) Thurley Trundle Wade Westley

Offline carol sea

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: Saturday 22 April 06 22:46 BST (UK) »
I'm sure you're nowhere near as bad as you make out! ;D but just in case, do let us know when your lessons are.........only kidding!!
Good luck.I'm sure you'll enjoy the freedom. Couldn't manage without my car. The buses are rubbish where I live.It would take me forever to get to work in the mornings.
Carol
Potts- Southport
Hewitt - Liverpool

Offline MrsLizzy

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • A Woman Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: Saturday 22 April 06 22:51 BST (UK) »
I start work in Cambridge tomorrow.  I'll get back to Haverhill after the last bus is gone and as I am NOT shelling out hard earned wonga for a taxi, I will WALK the last mile back to my village!     >:(  And yes it was a nightmare getting home from Cambridge on Friday - I was getting quite sarcastic in that bus station!