Author Topic: Stamper-Kendall-Parr  (Read 6249 times)

Offline CUMBERLAND SAUSAGE

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Stamper-Kendall-Parr
« on: Friday 22 May 15 07:10 BST (UK) »
My Great Uncle John Stamper and his wife Jane (Nee Kendall)moved to Killarney in Manitoba Canada. I believe that one of his daughters may have married a man Called Parr.
I am currently doing research into that side of my family and would appreciate any information anyone might have about the family.
John Stamper 1891(Aspatria Cumberland England-1978(Souris Manitoba)
First arrived in Qebec Canada 30 May 1910
Married Jane Kendall 1892-1963
Known to have lived in Turtle Mountain, Brandon and Lisgar.
Offspring
John Kendall Stamper 1914-1971
Joseph W Stamper 1917-1986
Elizabeth Stamper 1919-****
Elenor Stamper 1921-****
Thomas J Stamper 1923-1940
Regards
David Thompson

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
Re: Stamper-Kendall-Parr
« Reply #1 on: Friday 22 May 15 09:39 BST (UK) »
There is a private anc tree which seems to have the headstone of John and Jane. Perhaps if you tried to contact the owner they could give you more information.

Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 22 May 15 09:44 BST (UK) »
Canada Voters List 1962/63 shows John Stamper (farmer), Joseph Stamper (farmer) and Mrs John-Killarney Stamper - Brandon Souris, Manitoba, Canada.

Have you contacted Brandon Public Library to see if they can locate obituaries or point you in a direction.

http://www.wmrl.ca/bpl.html

Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 22 May 15 10:17 BST (UK) »
Canada Voters List entry for 1945 Souris Manitoba gives John and Mrs John Stamper and Joseph Stamper and Nellie Stamper (C W A C)

Canada Voters List 1957 Souris Manitoba  shows John and Mrs John Stamper at Killarney and J W and Mrs J W Stamper at Smith Hill -

Sandra

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 22 May 15 15:08 BST (UK) »
Thankyou for the replies, I will follow them all up'
I think the ANC private tree is mine. The reason I keep it private is that some time ago it was hacked and no end of problems were caused. However I am more than willing to share information if anyone wishes
regards
David Thompson

Offline RunKitty

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile

Offline RunKitty

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Saturday 23 May 15 02:19 BST (UK) »
Hi again,

If you have access to F..M..P, check their newspaper holdings ... you should be able to find the Winnipeg Free Press and some Brandon papers there.   

E and Mr Parochoski were married on Sept 20, 1947 at St Mary's Cathedral Winnipeg. 

Thomas Stamper, who died on June 16 1940, drowned. 

Joseph William Stamper died in Brandon on Nov 23 1986 (in case you don't have the full date)

RK

Offline RunKitty

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Saturday 23 May 15 02:23 BST (UK) »
Hi,

I don't have a subscription to Ancestry, so I don't know what information you have on your tree... in case you don't have John K's death cert, here it is

https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-267-12054-3776-78?cc=1538285

RK

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Sunday 24 May 15 02:35 BST (UK) »
Sandra and Run Kitty,
                                 many thanks for your help, you have supplied more information in two days than I managed in two years searching.
John Stamper was my grandfather's step brother, but thanks to Joseph Stamper John's father both families remained very close, as one. I remember John and his Wife Jane visiting Cumberland when I was a child, nice people as I recall.
If there is anyone researching this family I do have photogrpahs etc they would be interested in and which I would be only too pleased to share.
Again many thanks.
David Thompson