Author Topic: Edgar family  (Read 8914 times)

Offline Jardiner

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Edgar family
« Reply #27 on: Sunday 29 September 19 12:10 BST (UK) »
Hi Reader1bc.

Have lost direct contact and have loads more info. Please contact via personal E-mail.

MEK

Offline Jardiner

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Sunday 29 September 19 12:34 BST (UK) »
Back doing family research and thought I'd update folk on what I've got and to clarify some points. Hamilton Edgar married Ann Jane Rowan (nee Geddes) Then married Ann Jane Malloy (nee Legate). both these marriages took place in Co Down, Ireland. He then married Joan Donaldson (nee Campbell).
in Dundee, Scotland. So what took a man. living in Rural Co Down to Dundee? Speculation: His daughter Minnie (not Maggie) got married the year before so he was there for that. She married Alexander Campbell Donaldson the son of Joan Donaldson who was herself a window at the time.

MEK

Offline Jardiner

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Friday 01 May 20 16:32 BST (UK) »
I can certainly confirm that Edgar's 1st wife was indeed Ann Jane Rowan. ( it was her mother who was Ann Jane Geddis).  I've found James Edgar on the death register for Ann Jane Rowan and he's listed as her son. ( She died 21/12/1885 age 52 ). Having visited the local records office and scanned the church records available ( many churches in Northern Ireland hold the records locally and access to these is nigh on impossible). A John Edgar is recorded born 1872 in Meigh, ( this coincidentally  is where Margaret Edgar ( Great Grandmother mother )was born, recently discovered . Another coincidence is the birth year of this John Edgar is the same as Minnie. (possible twins). Edgar's exact birthplace is a mystery as researching local records throw up several Hamilton Edgars within the same region.