Author Topic: Last Chance Catherine, you elusive wench....  (Read 3383 times)

Offline larkspur

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Tracing myself back to better people.Or maybe not!
    • View Profile
Re: Last Chance Catherine, you elusive wench....
« Reply #18 on: Monday 24 May 21 13:38 BST (UK) »
Thank you for the Litchurch help. Catherine did also use Caroline and Elizabeth but I have only found her using the surname Judson. The "Lace Maker" is not likely...She was referred to as a drunk, a tramp etc. But I have not come across the use of Sarah Walker before, I will have to check that out, certainly this is giving me some routes to try. Much appreciated.
AREA, Nottinghamshire. Lincolnshire. Staffordshire. Leicestershire, Morayshire.
Paternal Line--An(t)(c)liff(e).Faulkner. Mayfield. Cant. Davison. Caunt. Trigg. Rawding. Buttery. Rayworth. Pepper. Otter. Whitworth. Gray. Calder. Laing.Wink. Wright. Jackson. Taylor.
Maternal Line--Linsey. Spicer. Corns. Judson. Greensmith. Steel. Woodford. Ellis. Wyan. Callis. Warriner. Rawlin. Merrin. Vale. Summerfield. Cartwright.
Husbands-Beckett. Heald. Pilkington. Arnold. Hall. Willows. Dring. Newcomb. Hawley

Offline jomcd967

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Monday 24 May 21 21:56 BST (UK) »
Have you placed her in an 1851 census anywhere? And did she have an occupation on her marriage certificate?
Puplett, Sonnex, Lott, Dunkiss, Hart - London area.
Hudson, Jenner, Dedman - Sussex
Leach, Hopkins, Saunders - Wales
Leach, Lipscombe - Hampshire
Sipthorpe - Lancashire
Walters - Cornawall & Australia
Kingshott, Matheson, Pitt, McDonald, Keogh - Australia.

Offline larkspur

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Tracing myself back to better people.Or maybe not!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday 25 May 21 09:56 BST (UK) »
I have only found her as a married woman on the 1861 census  (aged 22). There is no occupation for her on her marriage certificate. She was aged 19 in Oct 1856. Did she alter her age on the marriage cert as if her age was correct on the census she would have only been aged 17?
AREA, Nottinghamshire. Lincolnshire. Staffordshire. Leicestershire, Morayshire.
Paternal Line--An(t)(c)liff(e).Faulkner. Mayfield. Cant. Davison. Caunt. Trigg. Rawding. Buttery. Rayworth. Pepper. Otter. Whitworth. Gray. Calder. Laing.Wink. Wright. Jackson. Taylor.
Maternal Line--Linsey. Spicer. Corns. Judson. Greensmith. Steel. Woodford. Ellis. Wyan. Callis. Warriner. Rawlin. Merrin. Vale. Summerfield. Cartwright.
Husbands-Beckett. Heald. Pilkington. Arnold. Hall. Willows. Dring. Newcomb. Hawley