Author Topic: Sleightholm & Peirson families Danby Guisborough 1700s  (Read 855 times)

Offline scruffypup

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Sleightholm & Peirson families Danby Guisborough 1700s
« on: Sunday 26 July 15 14:48 BST (UK) »
Hi

I have a brick wall in my family tree regarding Rob't Peirson c1729 and Jane Sleightholm c1731 who married Rosedale of this parish 26 Jun 1766, neither of whom were born in Rosedale, and Jane is not the daughter of Bartholomewe Sleightholm of Gt Edstone as I had previously thought.

I have found Jane Sleightham bapt 13 Jun 1731 St Hilda Danby Guisborough to William Sleightham.
There doesn't seem to be a birth for Rob't Peirson around 1729 although Eliz Peirson was bapt 4 Nov 1731 to Rob't Peirson Danby St Hilda possibly his father and for some reason his bapt is missing?  Rob't Perison married Eliz Helm 21 May 1749 Danby a possible first marriage with sons Thomas 1758 and John 1760?  This is just basic research I need to do more research, but I wondered if any rootschatters had Peirsons or Sleightholms from Danby in their family trees and could indicate if I am working in the right direction or just wasting my time.