Author Topic: Hulme and Trafford infant schools  (Read 1227 times)

Offline AddictedtoFamilyTree

• RootsChat Senior
  • My Grandad <3
    • View Profile
Hulme and Trafford infant schools
« on: Wednesday 29 July 15 15:11 BST (UK) »
Can anyone identify the schools on the map below? I have a photo of my Grandma at school, circa 1930 but I need to know which schools she was possibly at to trawl through school admissions as its post 1916. She lived at Hadfield Street (the long street near the docks with the other smaller streets coming off it), as did my Mum so its possible they went to the same primary school. I know Mum's high school but not primary. Neither are here to ask. I think the one in the bottom left corner is Seymore Park school, Mum's cousins went there but I don't think Mum did. I've tried googling the street names they are one and adding school but its not bringing anything up. Funnily enough  ;D but I thought it was worth a try.

Any help gratefully recieved :)
Frost, Quine, Stowell, Atherton, Gill.

Offline cathaldus

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Hulme and Trafford infant schools
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 29 July 15 17:40 BST (UK) »
Hi! Addicted.
Other than Seymour Park school,  the only two I can remember within walking distance would be St. Brides (on Shrewsbury Street) or St. Alphonsus (RC) on Ayres Road.  Sorry I cannot be more helpful!

Cathaldus

Offline AddictedtoFamilyTree

• RootsChat Senior
  • My Grandad <3
    • View Profile
Re: Hulme and Trafford infant schools
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 29 July 15 18:40 BST (UK) »
Thanks anyway, it all helps! They were methodist so I'm not sure I'll need to check the RC one. The one by Eastnor and George St might be the most likely.
Frost, Quine, Stowell, Atherton, Gill.