Author Topic: William Francis Richards married Ethel Littlejohn in Cornwall  (Read 3261 times)

Offline maryanne

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
William Francis Richards married Ethel Littlejohn in Cornwall
« on: Wednesday 29 July 15 20:48 BST (UK) »
I have just found this link and it  has some of my Richards family. Unfortunately it says this:
This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below.
]Here is the link:
http://www.genealogy.synapsetrainingsolutions.com.au/data/presentation.xml
There is also mention of William's brother Thomas Henry born 1883/1884.
Reading down through I see that the person who put this online has a photograph taken Christmas 1953. I would like to see this photograph because the only photograph that I have of the Richards family  is my g.g.grandmother who would have been an aunt to William Francis  and Thomas Henry.
ADDED:
I have just found this site:http://schols.customer.netspace.net.au/1_richards.htm#Top
Same family as before re William Francis Richards in South Africa, but different ancestors ???
The first link has my Richards family with Mary Jane Moyle  the mother of  William Francis and Thomas Henry but the 2nd link has completely different parents for William Francis ???
Which is right?
If anyone knows this Richards family I would like to hear from them.

Offline Nookie

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: William Francis Richards married Ethel Littlejohn in Cornwall
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 01 August 15 14:44 BST (UK) »
I have found the following files in the archives.  If you order them the death notice should give you their parents.  You can order them through eggsa.org

DEPOT     TAB                                                                   
SOURCE    MHG                                                                   
TYPE      LEER                                                                 
SYSTEM    01                                                                   
REFERENCE 2504/68                                                               
PART      1                                                                     
DESCRIPTION          RICHARDS, WILLIAM FRANCIS.                                           
STARTING  19680000                                                             
ENDING    19680000                                                             
REMARKS   SURVIVING SPOUSE ETHEL JANE RICHARDS (BORN LITTLEJOHN).

DEPOT     NAB                                                                   
SOURCE    MSCE                                                                 
TYPE      LEER                                                                 
VOLUME_NO 0                                                                     
SYSTEM    01                                                                   
REFERENCE 2128/1957                                                             
PART      1                                                                     
DESCRIPTION          RICHARDS, THOMAS HENRY. BORN IN WALES. PRSP RICHARDS, MARGARET MARY. 
           EST. NO. 2758/1951. DECEASED ESTATE.                                 
STARTING  19570000                                                             
ENDING    19580000

DEPOT     NAB                                                                   
SOURCE    MSCE                                                                 
TYPE      LEER                                                                 
SYSTEM    01                                                                   
REFERENCE 2758/1951                                                             
PART      1                                                                     
DESCRIPTION          RICHARDS, MARGARET MARY. (BORN OWENS) BORN IN WALES S.SP. RICHARDS,   
           THOMAS HENRY DECEASED ESTATE.                                       
STARTING  19510000                                                             
ENDING    19530000
Fulton-Ireland
Barber
Woods

Offline Nookie

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 01 August 15 14:54 BST (UK) »
I am not sure if these are your family members, but there is a tombstone photograph on eggsa.org for a Frank 1885-1968 and Ethel Richards 1888-1971.

Just wondered whether William Francis was possible called Frank.
Fulton-Ireland
Barber
Woods

Offline maryanne

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 01 August 15 16:15 BST (UK) »
Thank-you Nookie.
 I am having trouble finding the tombstone photographs. I don't think that Thomas Henry is related. because William's brother was living in Cornwall during the 1901 census.
Since my last post I found that http://schols.customer.netspace.net.au/1_richards.htm was incorrect as to where her/his  generations were living during the census's. The family were living in Camborne from 1891 - 1911 and not Pool as was shown. He/she has Mervin born in South Africa but Mervin was born in the Redruth district in Sept qtr 1912.
The 1st link http://www.genealogy.synapsetrainingsolutions.com.au/data/presentation.xml contain my branch re Mary Jane Moyle and Thomas Henry Richards snr, but that doesn't mean that they are correct either. I tried to email but it bounced!
I have been trying to find emigration details for William (1885) and Ethel going to Australia and then South Africa as mentioned in the 1st link. I have had no luck in finding Thomas Henry (1884/1885)who may have been emigrating to the USA as mentioned in the same link.

Offline Nookie

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 01 August 15 16:43 BST (UK) »
Regarding the gravestone - go to eggsa.org and then on the right hand side of the page you will see a link to the graves.  Once you go onto the search page type in Richards then Frank and it should come up.  His year of death corresponds with the information from the archive which is why I thought it might be him.

I have found that often information posted on the net is incorrect - especially if they have no paperwork to prove it. If Ethel is your relative then I would suggest getting the estate file for William Francis from the archives through eggsa.  It is amazing what information can be found in it.   It should have the name of his parents, place of birth as well as the names of their children.  Possibly his date of birth would be there as well.

Fulton-Ireland
Barber
Woods

Offline maryanne

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 01 August 15 16:58 BST (UK) »
Thanks once again Nookie.
I found the grave this time and I also found the grave of Mervin Richards who is cited as William and Ethel's son in the links.
What will be the cost of getting the estate file? I live in the UK.

Offline Nookie

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Saturday 01 August 15 17:22 BST (UK) »
I have just looked at the eggsa site and for some reason it is quoted in US dollars or Rands and not pounds :(  However it is really not expensive ie $3 for the first page and then $1 per page thereafter.

It is all done by volunteers so there will be a bit of a wait. They will then send you an invoice and then a link which you can access after you have paid. I am sure they will invoice you in pounds.

I would suggest that you order the death notice and will, but not bother with the liquidation and distribution account as that just tells you how the money was distributed and to whom.

Fulton-Ireland
Barber
Woods

Offline Nookie

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Saturday 01 August 15 17:31 BST (UK) »
Just found Ethel's estate file as well.

DEPOT     TAB                                                                   
SOURCE    MHG                                                                   
TYPE      LEER                                                                 
SYSTEM    01                                                                   
REFERENCE 1267/71                                                               
PART      1                                                                     
DESCRIPTION          RICHARDS, ETHEL JANE.                                                 
STARTING  19710000                                                             
ENDING    19710000                                                             
REMARKS   PREDECEASED SPOUSE WILLIAM FRANCIS RICHARDS
Fulton-Ireland
Barber
Woods

Offline maryanne

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Saturday 01 August 15 18:12 BST (UK) »
Thank-you for your help Nookie. If I can't find any information about William through emigration manifests the next step will be to order the documents because at least that way I will know if he is related.