Author Topic: 1841/1851 request updated  (Read 776 times)

Offline ozwendy

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
1841/1851 request updated
« on: Monday 11 July 05 01:05 BST (UK) »
Hi

I posted this request a couple of days ago, but thought I would up date it

It would be great if someone could look up the following for me in 1851 and/or 1841:

Eliza Davies b: 1838, Worthen, Shropshire.

Eliza was my ggg grandmother. In all the census '61' to 91 she gives Worthen as her birth place. In 61 she is living in Wentnor and in all the others she is in Worthen.

I have a  record (IGI) of her marriage to  Samuel Gardner
(3xgreatgrandfather) in Trelystan, Montgomery, Wales in 1856, her father was named as William Davies, I think she may have married there because that is where her parents married. Her mothers name might be Elizabeth. I know Worthen and Trelystan are close on the border.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Wendy
 :) :)
Faricy -  Lancs.
Faricy, Gardner, Jones, Aldred, Battersby, Calland, Webb, Jones,Evans - Hindley, Lancs
Coleman, Price, Taylor, Ryan, Joyce, Barrett, Astin - Oldham/Failsworth, Lancs
Gardner, Evans, Jones, Williams,Sambrook, Davies,Wardman,Ellis  - Montgomeryshire/Worthern,Salop
Price, Thomas, Jones - Chester/Flint
Jones,Webb,Griffiths,Bagshaw,Bowen,Richards, - Dawley/Wellington,Salop
Faricy - Waterford/Cork - Ireland
Faricy, Robles - Austalia

Offline jazzyjude

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: 1841/1851 request updated
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 25 April 06 22:43 BST (UK) »
Hi Wendy - My Great Great Grandmother was Eliza Davies! I've been working on this part of my family tree for some time - I especially feel close to Eliza as I can remember my grandma talking about going to visit her at Meadowtown and also spending a lot of time looking for Meadowtown hill whcih had a ring of trees on the top of it when I was a child on holiday with my grandma in Shropshire. I have discovered that she married Samuel Gardner March 19th 1856 - Samuel Gardner was a lead miner and was killed in 1863 when he fell down a mine shaft at White Grit Mine. My Great Grandmother (Esther Gardner) was born in January 1864. Eliza went on to marry Benjamin Wardman in 1867 and after his death Richard Ellis in 1889.
She had a whole bunch of children and stepchildren and even ended up adopting one! I have information from several census sources and copies of various birth, marriage, death certificates - you say that Eliza was your GGG grandmother who were your GG grandmother/father? Hope to hear from you soon - Judy

Offline MikeWoolridge

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 26 April 06 21:20 BST (UK) »
1841 census

Only Eliza I can find in Worthen is

Job Davies 30 Lead Miner
Margaret 30
John 5
Mary 3
Eliza 7 mnths

Hope it helps

Mike
This information is Crown Copyright, from "http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk"

Woolridge, Wooldridge, Reece, Rees, Rushton, Frost, Gledhall, Turner, Meacham, Machin, Heath

Offline ozwendy

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 01 May 06 09:05 BST (UK) »
Hi Judy

How great to hear from you! My great grandmother was Susannah Gardner, Esther's younger sister. Esther married Giles Westhead, didn't she? Do you live in Lancashire?

Sorry if i sound excited but you are the first person from the Gardner side I have had any contact with. I have a few pictures of your great grandmother. My grandma Esther gave them to me, she was Susannah's only child. I also have photos of our gg grandparents Richard and Susan Gardner. You wouldn't happen to know Eliza's maiden name would you?

I would love to talk to you more, I have been researching the Gardners and I have quite a bit of info. which I can pass on to you.

Cheers
Wendy
Faricy -  Lancs.
Faricy, Gardner, Jones, Aldred, Battersby, Calland, Webb, Jones,Evans - Hindley, Lancs
Gardner, Evans, Jones, Williams,Sambrook, Davies,Wardman,Ellis  - Montgomeryshire/Worthern,Salop

Offline ozwendy

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 01 May 06 09:13 BST (UK) »
Hi Again

Sorry Judy, I did get a little confused. Your Esther was the one from the previous generation.  ??? However, we are still related my gg grandfather was Esthers eldest brother Richard born in 1856. His eldest daughter was also called Esther as was my grandmother. Esther comes from Samuel Gardner's mother who I think was Esther Sambrook.

Anyway, get back to me and we can swap info and let each other know about our branches of the Gardner family tree. :D

Cheers again
Wendy
Faricy -  Lancs.