Author Topic: Joseph Manifold married to a Mary Shovelin  (Read 3257 times)

Offline tomoc1

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Joseph Manifold married to a Mary Shovelin
« on: Thursday 06 August 15 20:10 BST (UK) »
Hello i am looking for information on a Joseph Manifold who my mam said came from Rory O'Connor Place in Arklow he was born around 1861 and married a woman by the name of Mary Shovelin in Dublin in 1904 , They had only one Child a boy who's name was Thomas Manifold who was born on the 23 December 1907, Thomas married a lady by the name of Margaret Feeney on the 11 February 1934 I found them on the 1911 irish census as living at mercer street upper, cant find anything on Joseph manifold in the 1901 census nor Mary Shovelin

Any Help would be much Appreciated

Offline ballydw

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Joseph Manifold married to a Mary Shovelin
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 15 August 15 23:01 BST (UK) »
Hello i am looking for information on a Joseph Manifold who my mam said came from Rory O'Connor Place in Arklow he was born around 1861 and married a woman by the name of Mary Shovelin in Dublin in 1904 , They had only one Child a boy who's name was Thomas Manifold who was born on the 23 December 1907, Thomas married a lady by the name of Margaret Feeney on the 11 February 1934 I found them on the 1911 irish census as living at mercer street upper, cant find anything on Joseph manifold in the 1901 census nor Mary Shovelin

Any Help would be much Appreciated
In the 1901 Census there is a Joseph Manifold age 31 born Wicklow a Crew member on a House Ship in Castletownbere Harbour (DED Killaconenagh, Cork) Also another crew member name of Michael Manifold b. Wicklow age 60. The only Mary Shovelins on 1901 census are in Donegal.
Have you tried for their marriage record in 1904 as this would show both their fathers names :)

Offline dathai

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Joseph Manifold married to a Mary Shovelin
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 16 August 15 11:47 BST (UK) »
Shipping Return 1901 note 266 on right hand corner
http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/reels/nai000501323/
266 fishing boat Archdeacon
http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/reels/nai000501316/