Author Topic: Lincolnshire Marriage?  (Read 3884 times)

Offline chempat

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Lincolnshire Marriage?
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 19 August 15 06:57 BST (UK) »
Have you got the death certificates for Ethel and her parents, to see if any further information to be gained?

Offline larkspur

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Tracing myself back to better people.Or maybe not!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 19 August 15 11:21 BST (UK) »
Surely if her death is the one in Stamford in Dec 1922 and she was a married woman, she would not have been registered under her maiden name.
Birth April 1870 Lincoln 7a/506 Ethel Blow
AREA, Nottinghamshire. Lincolnshire. Staffordshire. Leicestershire, Morayshire.
Paternal Line--An(t)(c)liff(e).Faulkner. Mayfield. Cant. Davison. Caunt. Trigg. Rawding. Buttery. Rayworth. Pepper. Otter. Whitworth. Gray. Calder. Laing.Wink. Wright. Jackson. Taylor.
Maternal Line--Linsey. Spicer. Corns. Judson. Greensmith. Steel. Woodford. Ellis. Wyan. Callis. Warriner. Rawlin. Merrin. Vale. Summerfield. Cartwright.
Husbands-Beckett. Heald. Pilkington. Arnold. Hall. Willows. Dring. Newcomb. Hawley

Offline Geoff-E

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 19 August 15 13:16 BST (UK) »
Then there was this couple ;D

Marriages Jun 1891
BLOW    Charles Mapleston        Lincoln    7a   1011   
MAPLESTON    Emma Gertrude        Lincoln    7a   1011

Both aged 43 in 1911.
Today I broke my personal record for most consecutive days alive.

Offline corndolly

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 19 August 15 19:30 BST (UK) »
Hi

The answer to your first two questions Chempat is yes, that is the family and the death to which I was referring; and no I haven't got any death certs.

To Larkspur  - I agree if married, you would expect to find her death under a married name, I appreciate it would be the legal name, but I am not even sure if the Ethel with Charles Mapleston on the 1891 census, is Ethel Blow - that is what I am trying to establish.

The name was right, age was about right, there was a family connection between the Blows and Maplestons', it's the age diff., the term 'wife' and the fact I cannot find either of them together or apart,  after 1891 that is bugging me.

To Geoff - the Emma Gertrude and Charles you found are another part of the family, and I have all the relevant details for them, but thankyou.

I guess a death cert is the only way I'll find out if I even have that correct.

So many times when I haven't been able to see that "wood for the trees", one of you has come up with an answer so blatently obvious I should have fallen over it!

Many thanks to all

corndolly
Read - Berks,Wilts,Norfolk
Pocock - Berks,Wilts
Clarke - Berks
Enefer - Sussex, Essex
Driver - Surrey, Suffolk

Offline larkspur

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Paternal Line--An(t)(c)liff(e).Faulkner. Mayfield. Cant. Davison. Caunt. Trigg. Rawding. Buttery. Rayworth. Pepper. Otter. Whitworth. Gray. Calder. Laing.Wink. Wright. Jackson. Taylor.
Maternal Line--Linsey. Spicer. Corns. Judson. Greensmith. Steel. Woodford. Ellis. Wyan. Callis. Warriner. Rawlin. Merrin. Vale. Summerfield. Cartwright.
Husbands-Beckett. Heald. Pilkington. Arnold. Hall. Willows. Dring. Newcomb. Hawley

Offline Mabel Bagshawe

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Thursday 20 August 15 10:37 BST (UK) »
The 1865 marriage is a different chap b 1838 and can be followed in later censuses still with his wife in Lancashire. He was an accountant

Offline larkspur

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Thursday 20 August 15 11:45 BST (UK) »
"Would be the couple in Lancashire on the 1881 census."

Offline corndolly

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Friday 21 August 15 20:46 BST (UK) »
Hi Larkspur

No reason they would be in Lancashire that I can think of.  Very much all Lincoln based until we come forward to the 1940/1950s
corndolly
Read - Berks,Wilts,Norfolk
Pocock - Berks,Wilts
Clarke - Berks
Enefer - Sussex, Essex
Driver - Surrey, Suffolk

Offline larkspur

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Saturday 22 August 15 11:49 BST (UK) »
"Charles Mapleston age 27 Father Robert Mapleston
Emma Malcolm 28, Widow father Robert Cheshire"

"No reason they would be in Lancashire that I can think of.  Very much all Lincoln based until we come forward to the 1940/1950s"

I was trying to point out that the Lancashire couple were Charles and EMMA. So would not be the Ethel you are looking for.
I think you need to send for the death certificate of Ethel Blow, and that hopefully should clear things up, if she is yours. You may be looking for a marriage that never existed.....