Author Topic: Connally Tuam, Galway  (Read 837 times)

Offline amandaconnally

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Connally Tuam, Galway
« on: Thursday 20 August 15 10:10 BST (UK) »
hi I can trace back my g g grandfather, William Connolly to 1851 born in Tuam, Galway. His son, also William, was born 1871 in Galway. He came to UK and that's where the connAlly spelling seemed to have started. I personally think this was just wrongly written and had been taken to be an A instead of an O. anyway, I can't find who William Connally 1851 was married to... if anybody has any info on these two williams, I would greatly appreciate it.
Thanks, Amanda nee Connally
Connolly/Connally/Stevenson/Pickett
Webb/Maddrell/Peek

Offline ballydw

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Connally Tuam, Galway
« Reply #1 on: Friday 21 August 15 23:27 BST (UK) »
hi I can trace back my g g grandfather, William Connolly to 1851 born in Tuam, Galway. His son, also William, was born 1871 in Galway. He came to UK and that's where the connAlly spelling seemed to have started. I personally think this was just wrongly written and had been taken to be an A instead of an O. anyway, I can't find who William Connally 1851 was married to... if anybody has any info on these two williams, I would greatly appreciate it.
Thanks, Amanda nee Connally
Hi Amanda & welcome to Rootschat.  You can now check the RC church records for Baptisms & Marriages in Ireland on www.registers.nli.ie   Good luck :)