Author Topic: Esther Brown nee Scott  (Read 8709 times)

Offline Freya Ellingsen

• RootsChat Veteran
  • We build our pedigrees based on the proofs we find
    • View Profile
Re: Esther Brown nee Scott
« Reply #27 on: Monday 07 September 15 14:00 BST (UK) »
Yes that is the question indeed, all those children dates not to sure.... We have a date of abt 1817 for Esthers birth but not really sure...Yes I have read Scott's Diary but a lot of my friends refs come from
Mollison The Tasmanian Aborigines and their descendants. Scott had two other children before going to King island and one of these went into domestic service and they think it was Esther?
Brooker, Creagh Curran, Ellingsen, Evans, Hatton, Ryan, Slade, Campbell, Flett

Offline phbakker

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Friday 11 September 15 15:19 BST (UK) »
I agree with NUGENT that John Scott had other wives and children before Mary on King Island. John Scott was recorded as living in Westernport Bay with his 'lubra' and two children before he lived the rest of his life on King Island.
I am keen to be in contact with Nugent about his/her connections to the Scott family as I have gathered a some information on John Scott and his descendants a few years ago.

Offline ryanbrown

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Wednesday 16 August 17 16:50 BST (UK) »
I would be interested in the information on John Scott and any information pertaining to his daughter Esther. Was wondering whether Esther's mother was Mary or as you suggested another woman he had before he moved to King Island?

@phbakker Could you please contact me?