Author Topic: Avast says my wireless conection password isn't strong enough?  (Read 3057 times)

Offline MadaboutRoses1883

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Avast says my wireless conection password isn't strong enough?
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 20 September 15 00:04 BST (UK) »
Thankyou everyone for your suggestions, it is all sorted now,. My son has reset the password for me now.
LANCASHIRE: 
Arkwright. Weston. Higginson. Hargreaves. Glass. Johnson. Colbeck. Edmonson. Marsden. Bateson. Park/Parks/Parkes. Fern. Appleby. Purchase.  Riden/Riddens.
Gornall/Gornell/Gorner.Lancashire. Preston/Ribchester).
Kirkby Lonsdale/Kendal/Lancashire. Routledge.Atkinson.
DORSET:Wareham.Green.Kerly/Kerley

Offline carol8353

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me,mum and dad and both gran's c 1955
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 20 September 15 11:26 BST (UK) »
Had to laugh the other day at a joke which said, change your password to "notrecognised",so when your computer tells you your password is not recognised,you'll know what it is!

;D ;D ;D
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Berlin-Bob

• Caretaker
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 20 September 15 11:38 BST (UK) »
Not to be copied !!!

I have sometime heard from my customers that they enter a password ********
(i.e. 8 times '*') because that is what they always see in the password box  ;D ::)  :-X
Any UK Census Data included in this post is Crown Copyright (see: www.nationalarchives.gov.uk)

Offline MadaboutRoses1883

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 23 September 15 08:56 BST (UK) »
Had to laugh the other day at a joke which said, change your password to "notrecognised",so when your computer tells you your password is not recognised,you'll know what it is!

;D ;D ;D

Wonderful! I may just do a variation along that theme. :)
LANCASHIRE: 
Arkwright. Weston. Higginson. Hargreaves. Glass. Johnson. Colbeck. Edmonson. Marsden. Bateson. Park/Parks/Parkes. Fern. Appleby. Purchase.  Riden/Riddens.
Gornall/Gornell/Gorner.Lancashire. Preston/Ribchester).
Kirkby Lonsdale/Kendal/Lancashire. Routledge.Atkinson.
DORSET:Wareham.Green.Kerly/Kerley

Offline mezentia

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Friday 25 September 15 17:00 BST (UK) »
Use a password keeper. I use Ascendo Datavault. It runs on Windows and iphone/ipad and can store dozens of passwords and other sensitive information, and if I remember correctly, you can have up to 4 devices on a single license. You can synchronise between devices and it can automatically fill in forms for you if you want to. I have about 200 passwords stored for websites I use, and as far as possible they all have different passwords. All I need to remember is a single master password, a quite long and memorable phrase that means something to me. My wife and children have access to the password so if anything happens to me, they can get access to any stuff they need to, like Facebook, Twitter, email, bank, etc.
Anderson - Leics., Yorks.; Attwood - Worcs., Staffs.,  Salop; Baylis - Worcs.; Beach/Bache - Worcs., Staffs., Salop; Bills - Devon, Worcs.<br />Dovey - Worcs., Staff., Salop; Gill - Worcs.; Hampton - Worcs., Staffs.; Hancox/Hancocks - Worcs., Staffs.<br />Hill - Worcs., Staffs., Salop; Sherwood - Worcs., Staffs.; Stonyer - Worcs., Staff., Salop, Essex<br />Woodall - Worcs., Staffs.; Potter - Essex.