Author Topic: Belton Marriage: George Isset and Ann Coks  (Read 4227 times)

Offline Jomot

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Belton Marriage: George Isset and Ann Coks
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 19 September 15 01:59 BST (UK) »
Hi Trish
This is the family I am trying to trace back.  Judith is my gg grandmother.  She had an illegitimate child (the granddaughter Mary in the 51 census), then married  in 1850 William Simkin of Hallaton who was a widower. 

In case you don't already have it, Mary was baptised at Tugby 28 May 1848, base born daughter of Judith, a spinster of Keythorpe Lodge.

Judith was baptised 5 Sep 1830 d/o William & Hannah of Keythorpe Lodge, Grazier

The baptisms of William & Hannah's children almost all describe him as a grazier of Keythorpe, except for Hannah 1823 which describes him as a labourer.

The earliest entry I can find for the Isset's of Keythorpe is the burial on 8 Sep 1699 at Tugby of Priscilla Isset, wife of Robert of Keythorpe.  Prior to that there is a baptism of Thomas Isset on 4 Aug 1688, son of Robert & Priscilla - no abode given.   

Robert may have married again following Priscilla's death:

2 Nov 1701 baptism John s/o Robert Isset of Keythorpe Lodge - buried 5 July 1702
26 Sep 1702 baptism Robert s/o Robert Isset of Keythorpe Lodge
8 Oct 1703 burial of Jane, wife of Robert Isset
14 Oct 1703 baptism Edward, son of Robert Isset of Keythorpe Lodge

The only burial I can find for Robert is 26 Feb 1763: Robert Isset of Keythorpe, aged 88, which would fit with the death of Priscilla in 1699 but make him only 13 when Thomas was born in 1688, unless there's been a transcription error and it should be 1698  :-\  I also have the burial on 23 Mar 1750 of Ann, wife of Robert Isset of Keythorpe  ???

I'm struggling to connect the generations to William baptised 21 Sep 1783, but they certainly seem to have a long connection to Keythorpe. The name Judith first appears in 1742 as the wife of William, and in 1744 (baptism of James) they are described as 'of Keythorpe'.
MORGAN: Glamorgan, Durham, Ohio. DAVIS/DAVIES/DAVID: Glamorgan, Ohio.  GIBSON: Leicestershire, Durham, North Yorkshire.  RAIN/RAINE: Cumberland.  TAYLOR: North Yorks. BOURDAS: North Yorks. JEFFREYS: Worcestershire & Northumberland. FORBES: Berwickshire, CHEESMOND: Durham/Northumberland. WINTER: Durham/Northumberland. SNOWBALL: Durham.

Offline Bunnygirl

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Keep plodding on you Will find it!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 19 September 15 09:19 BST (UK) »
Hi
There are some Wills that may be of help to you, I don't no if you are aware of them? They are as follows;
Leicestershire Archdeaconry Court
1791 Issett William (Grazier) of Keythorpe Lodge of Tugby PR/T1791/96
1817 Issett William (The elder Grazier) of Keythorpe Lodge of Tugby PR/T 1817 /109

Also these,
Consistory Court of Peterborough
2 April 1733 Issett Edward of Manton Will
1614 Issiot  als Allin Elizabeth (Widow) of Belton Book 9 page 15
Court of Archdeaconry of Northampton
1541-1557 Isiype Robert of Edith Weston Book k Page 155

Hope these help in your search
Bunnygirl
Leicestershire; Rothley,  Fowkes, Biddles, Dawson, Allen, Lambert, Tebbett, Needham , Horner, Cooper, Pagett, Jaques, Kinton, Newbald, Duffill    Halford, Cope, Bywater , Hunt
Bedfordshire; Cardington, Trueman, Wilstead  Bridges, Clark(e), Redman
Essex; Eady, Newman, Copsey, Rawlin, Gilders, Smith  
Rotherhithe; Henderson, Eady. Lambert
Rutland & Bedfordshire  Staffod, Glover, Tom(b)lin
Suffolk  (Wissington) Eady.
Lincolnshire, Tomlin

Offline Vixen60

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 19 September 15 12:12 BST (UK) »
Such a wealth of information. 
Re Robert Isset's burial, I have it recorded as 1753 and 1763.  Are you sure of the 63 date.  it makes sense if it is 53.

I think Robert may married 3 times
Priscilla, children
      Thomas 1688
      Priscilla 1690 bap 3/6/1692
Jane  buried 5/7/1703
       John 1701 bp 2/11/poss died 1703,
       Robert     bp 26/9/1702
       Edward    bp 14/10/1703
Ann (maybe)  possible burial 1750
       William very speculative b 1711 (calc from date of death) died 1791 may have married Judith How 22/5/1740 with a son born 1748 who may just be the father of the William born in 1783

Bunnygirl
Thank you for the will info.  Follow up pending.
Jomot
Thank you for all that info.  It gells with what I had previously found out.  Particularly interesting was the baptism of James (of Keythorpe).. That seems to tie things together nicely.

We are going away on holiday in two days time.  I think I had better start packing and leave any further research till I get back.  I will let you know how I get on with the wills as soon as possible.  They look very promising.
Barbara

Robert

Offline Jomot

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 19 September 15 13:23 BST (UK) »
  Re Robert Isset's burial, I have it recorded as 1753 and 1763.  Are you sure of the 63 date.  it makes sense if it is 53.
My apologies - it is indeed 1753
MORGAN: Glamorgan, Durham, Ohio. DAVIS/DAVIES/DAVID: Glamorgan, Ohio.  GIBSON: Leicestershire, Durham, North Yorkshire.  RAIN/RAINE: Cumberland.  TAYLOR: North Yorks. BOURDAS: North Yorks. JEFFREYS: Worcestershire & Northumberland. FORBES: Berwickshire, CHEESMOND: Durham/Northumberland. WINTER: Durham/Northumberland. SNOWBALL: Durham.

Offline Jomot

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Saturday 19 September 15 13:37 BST (UK) »
One more piece of information that may or may not be of use:

Issitt, Mary 1800 Settlement Certificate. First Parish: Hallaton, Second Parish: Tugby
ROLLR Reference No: 1556/100/46

Enjoy your holiday  :D