Author Topic: Penzance Cemetery Proprietors Registry Book 1845 1906  (Read 2474 times)

Offline PatrickBull

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Penzance Cemetery Proprietors Registry Book 1845 1906
« on: Sunday 20 September 15 18:05 BST (UK) »
I have seen that there was a CD c.2005 which had the transcripts for the Private Burial Ground in Heamoor.

Apparently it contains:
Proprietors Registry Book which has the Registry of the name of the Proprietors; a Plan of the Ground; the Registry of Certificates for allotment of Ground, also all the Interments in the Ground.

I've been looking to purchase this but I can't find a link anywhere

Can anyone help?

Offline StanleysChesterton

• RootsChat Veteran
  • My G-grandmother on right, 1955
    • View Profile
Re: Penzance Cemetery Proprietors Registry Book 1845 1906
« Reply #1 on: Friday 16 October 15 19:15 BST (UK) »
Maybe Cornwall Records Office can help you.  I searched their Catalogue and this seems to be the beast:
http://crocat.cornwall.gov.uk/DServe/dserve.exe?dsqIni=Dserve.ini&dsqApp=Archive&dsqCmd=Show.tcl&dsqDb=Catalog&dsqPos=35&dsqSearch=%28%28text%29%3D%27heamoor%27%29

Their document ref number: FS/3/1634

They seem to have a facsimile .... so they might know who has the CD you're on about. They mention in there Peter Doe, who seems to have done all the visiting/checking/updating in 2005.

"Title   Registry book, Penzance Cemetery, Wesley Rock, Heamoor, Madron
Date   1845-1907
Format   Manuscript
Extent   2 pieces

Description   
Transcription of the Penzance Cemetery Proprietors' Registry book; cemetery by Wesley Rock Chapel, Heamoor, Madron, with plan of the burial ground, 1845-1907.
Admin History   
Transcription of DC/PEN/190 with newly prepared plan of the cemetery, made in 2005, by Peter Doe prepared from a combination of the register and visits to the cemetery and examination of the headstones and layout. NB This Cemetery was opened by a private company in 1845 and is distinct from the much larger Penzance General Cemetery which was opened later and whose records are with Penwith District Council at the St Clare Council offices, Penzance and at the Cemetery itself."

Related to: Lots of people!
:)
Mostly Cambridgeshire, Huntingdonshire, some Kent and Dorset.

Elizabeth Long/Elizabeth Wilson/Elizabeth Long Wilson, b 1889 Caxton - where are you?
- -
Seeking: death year/location of Albert Edward Morgan, born Cambridge 1885/86 to Hannah & Edward Morgan of 33 Cambridge Place.
WW1 soldier, service number 8624, 2nd battalion, Highland Light Infantry.