Author Topic: John W Dunn  (Read 3643 times)

Offline nottsgirl1

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: John W Dunn
« Reply #18 on: Saturday 26 September 15 15:05 BST (UK) »
Hi,

I hadn't read that remark "I just thought a clever Rootschatter might have been able to help, but obviously I was wrong."

There is only so much even we Rootschatter's  can do for free.

NG
Branfoot of Leeds; Nall of Nottingham; Wallis of Stapleford Nottinghamshire; Challand of  East Bridgford Notinghamshire: Hall of Fransfield Nottinghamshire;
Morral of Stanton By Dale, Derbyshire;

Offline larkspur

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Tracing myself back to better people.Or maybe not!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Saturday 26 September 15 15:17 BST (UK) »
 ;) I agree totally.
AREA, Nottinghamshire. Lincolnshire. Staffordshire. Leicestershire, Morayshire.
Paternal Line--An(t)(c)liff(e).Faulkner. Mayfield. Cant. Davison. Caunt. Trigg. Rawding. Buttery. Rayworth. Pepper. Otter. Whitworth. Gray. Calder. Laing.Wink. Wright. Jackson. Taylor.
Maternal Line--Linsey. Spicer. Corns. Judson. Greensmith. Steel. Woodford. Ellis. Wyan. Callis. Warriner. Rawlin. Merrin. Vale. Summerfield. Cartwright.
Husbands-Beckett. Heald. Pilkington. Arnold. Hall. Willows. Dring. Newcomb. Hawley

Offline Printer

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Saturday 26 September 15 21:01 BST (UK) »
Hi nottsgirl & larkspur,

I appreciate your help, thank you.

I did not know that a simple request of help was going to cause any problems. I apologise if I have offended anyone, but surely I am able to suggest that the information provided by a Rootschatter did not appear to be the family I was seeking? Isn't the idea of the forum to assist where possible, and not to reprimand posters who do not always agree with the details provided? The information posted regarding Hucknall just didn't seem to fit with later family details.

I have now found John William Dunn was born in 1895 Ashover, Derbyshire the son of Charles and Mary Ann Dunn (nee Walker), one of 10 children.

Thank you.

Printer

Lowther - Northumberland
Fox - Kent & New Zealand
Hart - Birmingham & New Zealand
Paget - Stanton Prior, Somerset & New Zealand
Absalom - Northumberland, England
Absalom - Victoria, NSW, Australia & New Zealand
Barrass - Northumberland, England
Gregory - Durham/Northumberland
Clark - Comrie, Perthshire & Stornoway, & Dunedin NZ.
Marchant - New Zealand
Potter - Birmingham/New Zealand
Mummery - Kent
McRae - Ayrshire, NZ
Bruce - Northumberland & Ross, NZ.
Wanless - Northumberland

Online KGarrad

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Saturday 26 September 15 23:40 BST (UK) »
Today you said:
I apologise if I have offended anyone, but surely I am able to suggest that the information provided by a Rootschatter did not appear to be the family I was seeking?

The information posted regarding Hucknall just didn't seem to fit with later family details.

In your first post, you said:
Hello,

I am hoping someone can help me. In 1917 (Mar Q) John W Dunn married Emma Slater, Basford District. I have no other information.

My posts were based on your statement that you had no other information.
In such cases it is imperative that the marriage certificate is purchased, because of the information available on it. And £9.25 is a small price to pay for a good start!

If I had known that you had "later information", I may well have suggested alternatives?
Garrad (Suffolk, Essex, Somerset), Crocker (Somerset), Vanstone (Devon, Jersey), Sims (Wiltshire), Bridger (Kent)

Offline larkspur

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Tracing myself back to better people.Or maybe not!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Sunday 27 September 15 13:57 BST (UK) »
 "Isn't the idea of the forum to assist where possible, and not to reprimand posters who do not always agree with the details provided?"

The posters on this forum had tried to help, no reprimand was intended for the information not being correct, the issue was with your phrasing, it came across as very derogatory and rude. Maybe we have to put it down to the difference between the Northern and Southern hemispheres?? And nothing was meant by the comments you made. 8)
AREA, Nottinghamshire. Lincolnshire. Staffordshire. Leicestershire, Morayshire.
Paternal Line--An(t)(c)liff(e).Faulkner. Mayfield. Cant. Davison. Caunt. Trigg. Rawding. Buttery. Rayworth. Pepper. Otter. Whitworth. Gray. Calder. Laing.Wink. Wright. Jackson. Taylor.
Maternal Line--Linsey. Spicer. Corns. Judson. Greensmith. Steel. Woodford. Ellis. Wyan. Callis. Warriner. Rawlin. Merrin. Vale. Summerfield. Cartwright.
Husbands-Beckett. Heald. Pilkington. Arnold. Hall. Willows. Dring. Newcomb. Hawley