Author Topic: John burch  (Read 1259 times)

Offline mulberryhouse40

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
John burch
« on: Saturday 26 September 15 17:55 BST (UK) »
I have had some help in my family tree which could take them back to Carmarthen. I am looking for a John birch but the surname could be spelt Burch. His father may be William, as on a marriage certificate for John's son - father of the groom was William crossed out and put John.

John would have been born at some time before 1780 as he had children in 1815 in Pembrokeshire.

John I believe was married to Gwen but can't find a marriage.

This is a long shot but thought someone could have some info somewhere. John was a wooden manufacturer.

Thanks
Gill

Offline ColC

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: John burch
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 27 September 15 12:51 BST (UK) »
I cannot find a birth or marriage for John but I did find the following information, which may be helpful?

According to the baptisms for Jane 1813 & Richard 1818 John the father was a Woollen Manufacturer.

Catherine was buried age 3 weeks in 1816 abode Prendergast Mills, as was the first Richard who died age 1 day in 1817.
Jane was buried age 8 abode Priory Mills, New Haverfordwest.

All above records noted as BURCH.

Colin.
Clarke, Trickett, Orton, Lawless, Norton, Detheridge, Kirby, Goodfellow, Wagstaff, Lowe, etc.

Offline mulberryhouse40

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: John burch
« Reply #2 on: Monday 28 September 15 20:28 BST (UK) »
Hi Colin

This certainly gives me something to look in to. My relative was James Birch/Burch who was born in 1815 in Whiston in Haverfordwest so this does fit in with dates. I will also look up Priory Mills as that could well fit in with wool. Can you tell me where they were baptised and buried.

Thanks

Gill