Author Topic: (Stepehn) Claude Hamilton McGuire burial?  (Read 2973 times)

Offline pinefamily

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Big sister with baby brother
    • View Profile
Re: (Stephen) Claude Hamilton McGuire burial?
« Reply #9 on: Monday 26 October 15 20:49 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for that Sandra and Manawakian.
I can never work out how to put previous threads into a post.
Fingers crossed on the St Joseph's church cemetery. Have to say I was disappointed when I found neither Claude nor Ella was buried at Bracken.
I am Australian, from all the lands I come (my ancestors, at least!)

Pine/Pyne, Dowdeswell, Kempster, Sando/Sandoe/Sandow, Nancarrow, Hounslow, Youatt, Richardson, Jarmyn, Oxlade, Coad, Kelsey, Crampton, Lindner, Pittaway, and too many others to name.
Devon, Dorset, Gloucs, Cornwall, Warwickshire, Bucks, Oxfordshire, Wilts, Germany, Sweden, and of course London, to name a few.

Offline Jacquie in Canada

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Canadian, eh!
    • View Profile
Re: (Stepehn) Claude Hamilton McGuire burial?
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 28 October 15 06:50 GMT (UK) »
Fingers crossed on the St Joseph's church cemetery. Have to say I was disappointed when I found neither Claude nor Ella was buried at Bracken.

I wouldn't rule out their not being buried at Bracken. There is always the possibility that they are in unmarked graves. If that were the case then the cemetery's records would have to be checked.

Jacquie
Canada: Patterson, Brown, Haidenger/Heidinger, Meyer, Johnston(e), Gorsuch, Kitchin/Kitchen
United States: Patterson, Smith, Brown, Vance, Bower(s), Newberry, Best, Love, Gorsuch
England (Northumberland): Brown, Whitfield, Henderson
Scotland (Glasgow, Edinburgh, Fife, East Lothian): Johnston(e), Bell, Galloway, Campbell, Robertson, Williamson, Thomson, Crawford
Germans from Russia: Haidenger/Heidinger, Meyer, Meach, Lorenz

Offline pinefamily

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 28 October 15 08:07 GMT (UK) »
So the transcriptions on the Canada Resources pages are from headstones, not cemetery records?

Pine/Pyne, Dowdeswell, Kempster, Sando/Sandoe/Sandow, Nancarrow, Hounslow, Youatt, Richardson, Jarmyn, Oxlade, Coad, Kelsey, Crampton, Lindner, Pittaway, and too many others to name.
Devon, Dorset, Gloucs, Cornwall, Warwickshire, Bucks, Oxfordshire, Wilts, Germany, Sweden, and of course London, to name a few.

Offline manawakian

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 28 October 15 12:04 GMT (UK) »
One of Louis McGuire's descendants is still living on the family farm.  The phone number can be found online at Canada 411.  If you can't find it then PM me your e-mail address and I will send to you.

Offline pinefamily

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 16 December 15 20:11 GMT (UK) »
An update in my quest to find where Claude is buried. I contacted the Saskatchewan Genealogical Society, and when they finally got back to me they told me they didn't have the Frenchville records. So I contacted the Catholic Archives for Saskatchewan, and they kindly did a search of the whole local area, but still no record.
So I have to assume he wasn't buried in a Catholic cemetery. Where would I contact to search the burial registers for Saskatoon or Val Marie?

Offline Horkoff

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Saturday 11 March 17 00:11 GMT (UK) »
Hello.  I am Louis granddaughter.  Contact me at (*).

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy, to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.
See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php