Author Topic: William THRELFALL, formerly of WWI's 29th Division  (Read 9431 times)

Offline MaureeninNY

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: William THRELFALL, formerly of WWI's 29th Division
« Reply #36 on: Monday 07 December 15 20:36 GMT (UK) »
I can answer one question. :) It looks as though the death of William John in 1895 has been transcribed as THRELPALL. ::)

Not sure what C.B. stands for either! (City Borough?).

Maureen

Offline Barbara.H

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Tuesday 08 December 15 10:09 GMT (UK) »
Hello Barbara.H, you mention that "there is also a death registered for William John Threlfall age 0, Oct-Nov-Dec 1895, Toxteth Park." I can't seem to find it on either the Free BMD or Lancashire BMD. I may be looking in the wrong place ... ?

It hasn't been transcribed on either of the free sites yet; I found it on FindMyPast. I had a look at the image to be sure and it does look to be correct.  The reference is
Toxteth Park Oct-Dec 1895, vol 8b, page 207. Threlfall, William John, age 0.

:) Barbara
LANCS:  Greenwood, Greenhalgh, Fishwick, Berry,
CHES/DERBYS:  Vernon
YORKS/LINCS: Watson, Stamford, Bartholomew,
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Barbara.H

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Tuesday 08 December 15 12:52 GMT (UK) »
PS to that last post, William John Threlfall's death is on FreeBMDs but all 15 Threlfall deaths on that page have been transcribed as THRELPALL.  Search Threlpall and look at the image, you can see the F is a bit smudged!

:) Barbara
LANCS:  Greenwood, Greenhalgh, Fishwick, Berry,
CHES/DERBYS:  Vernon
YORKS/LINCS: Watson, Stamford, Bartholomew,
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline ThrelfallYorky

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Wednesday 09 December 15 17:09 GMT (UK) »
"Threlpall"? Now, that's a version I've not heard. (Threefall, Threefoil, Trelfall, Threfoe, Threfful, Thrailforl, Trailforl, even Trifle.....)
Threlfall (Southport), Isherwood (lancs & Canada), Newbould + Topliss(Derby), Keating & Cummins (Ireland + lancs), Fisher, Strong& Casson (all Cumberland) & Downie & Bowie, Linlithgow area Scotland . Also interested in Leigh& Burrows,(Lancashire) Griffiths (Shropshire & lancs), Leaver (Lancs/Yorks) & Anderson(Cumberland and very elusive)

Offline Grameka

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Thursday 31 December 15 17:04 GMT (UK) »
Hows the search?

No doubt you have seen it, but a very interesting photo has turned up on a tree at Ancestry.

Don't want to break any ettiquette or rules regarding copyright so to be safe I'll print the pic onto a t-shirt, a mug, and various other merchandise and you can make me a generous offer to purchase... or I'll just message you  ;)

Offline johnps

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: Thursday 31 December 15 18:08 GMT (UK) »
Hello Grameka, the search is indeed progressing - and in the last couple weeks has taken a huge step forward. Queenie was – without a doubt - the William Threlfall born in Halsall on 7 Sept 1895 to Margery (nee Stopforth) and William Threlfall. So thank you MaureeninNY! He’s also the one who sailed on the Cunard and White Star Lines from 1926 to 1939, and died in 1940. But as I mentioned, it’s only in the last two weeks that two relations have come forth on Ancestry with information to fill in the gaps and both have reached out to relations with more in-depth knowldge. But fingers crossed I will soon have more to share. And as for new images on Ancestry, no I haven’t seen them. Am intrigued… Pray tell! And all the very best to everyone for the New Year!

Offline ThrelfallYorky

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: Friday 01 January 16 00:57 GMT (UK) »
Well done! I'm sure all those who "own" a William Threlfall of about the right age will be delighted to hear the progress.
Threlfall (Southport), Isherwood (lancs & Canada), Newbould + Topliss(Derby), Keating & Cummins (Ireland + lancs), Fisher, Strong& Casson (all Cumberland) & Downie & Bowie, Linlithgow area Scotland . Also interested in Leigh& Burrows,(Lancashire) Griffiths (Shropshire & lancs), Leaver (Lancs/Yorks) & Anderson(Cumberland and very elusive)

Offline MaureeninNY

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: Friday 01 January 16 12:41 GMT (UK) »
I want to know about the photo on Ancestry!

Maureen

Offline ThrelfallYorky

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: Friday 01 January 16 16:18 GMT (UK) »
Interestingly there's a Threlfall connection to the White Star line itself - a Henry (I think, off the top of my head) Threlfall Wilson was one of the founders of the line.
Oh, and there's also a "Titanic" connection - a fireman, Thomas Threlfall of Liverpool was a survivor of the disaster.
There's your useless information for the week.