Author Topic: thomas york  (Read 306 times)

Offline rob b j brown

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
thomas york
« on: Tuesday 12 January 16 20:58 GMT (UK) »
hi can anyone help me iam looking for a thomas york who was baptised on the 15 june 1768 in south cowton his father was a john york and his mother was elizabeth .
iam trying to find out if john york was from darlington and his mother was from catterick north yorkshire can any one help please{ rob}

Offline despair

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: thomas york
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 12 January 16 22:56 GMT (UK) »
It doesn't directly answer your question but www.familysearch.org has a 1758 marriage of John York to Elizabeth Tyreman in "Scowton".Looking for records in the vicinity there is an Elizabeth Tyreman baptised Osmotherley 1726.Pure speculation of course.

Regards
Rogr

Offline rob b j brown

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: thomas york
« Reply #2 on: Friday 15 January 16 19:52 GMT (UK) »
hi rogr
i belive that that marriage is to far apart the john york iam after he married in 1767 in catterick but i trying put this thomas york who was born in south cowton yorkshire then died in 1769 in coniscliffe durham son of john york and elizabeth
P.S the only marriage that i have found for a john york is to a elizabeth glenton in 1767 they is no marriage of a john york in durham or in northumberland anywhere but in catterick thats the closet to durham area that i can find.
ROB