Author Topic: Frisken photo set, Berwickshire & Lanarkshire [13]  (Read 681 times)

Offline efrisken

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Frisken photo set, Berwickshire & Lanarkshire [13]
« on: Tuesday 19 January 16 22:08 GMT (UK) »
Photographer:  J. Kelly  (John Kelly?)
Date of photograph: 1880s-1890s?

No rear markings on the photos.  I've tried to find some info on J. Kelly but so far not found much that's helpful.

I'm only guessing at the date of the photos, a proper estimate by an expert would be very welcome!
Unknown man and woman, presumably a pair as they were kept together.  If anyone can also guess an age for them, I would very much appreciate it! 

Thank you very much again :-)

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Frisken photo set, Berwickshire & Lanarkshire [13]
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 19 January 16 22:56 GMT (UK) »
My guess would be 1880s and they look to be in their 30s and the lady is wearing a wedding ring...have you seen the lady's brooch in any other of your photos?
Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU

Offline efrisken

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Frisken photo set, Berwickshire & Lanarkshire [13]
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 19 January 16 23:19 GMT (UK) »
My guess would be 1880s and they look to be in their 30s and the lady is wearing a wedding ring...have you seen the lady's brooch in any other of your photos?
Carol

Thank you for the quick reply Carol!  No I haven't seen a similar brooch in any of the other photos.  I'll have to do a search for a likely couple based on this information.  The good news is that I don't think many of the folks that I've assembled so far have lived in that area, or even the wider Glasgow area.  Another Family Historian query required :-)