Author Topic: Are there online records for Hamburg circa 1803? Looking for JUNGBLUT/JUNGBLUETH  (Read 451 times)

Offline LUV

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Hi all

I have a marriage from 1826 from Membach, Liège, Belgium.

The groom is Nicolas JUNGBLUT which is spelled so many ways in the records- JUNGBLUTH, JUNGBLUETH, JUNGBLUD and on and on.

Nicolas was born 10 Nov 1803 in Hamburg according to the marriage, son of Jean Laurent JUNGBLEUT and Anne Marie Hélène PONCELET.  Nicolas and his parents were all in Limbourg, Belgium by the time of the marriage in 1826.

Just trying to locate his birth if at all possible

Thanks
LUV
WOODAGE (East London);
SPEAR (Laneast, Cornwall);
FRENCH (Rye/Hastings, Sussex);
PERCIVAL (Downe, Kent);
JARVIS (Houghton, Norfolk);
KING (Wortham,Suffolk- Hove, Sussex);
FLEMING(Logierait & Dowally, Perthshire);
LOVE (Ireland Co.?)

Offline giselap

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Are there online records for Hamburg circa 1803? Looking for JUNGBLUT/JUNGBLUETH
« Reply #1 on: Friday 22 January 16 03:02 GMT (UK) »
Hi LUV,

in order to have a chance to find an 1803 birth in Hamburg church records it would be more than helpful to know at least the parish of birthplace (there were - I believe - 5 protestant so-called main parishes in Hamburg at that time and (?) roman-catholic).

The protestant church parishes were all digitized as far as I know, but you have to pay for access. Too expansive for me anyhow.  >:(

I researched original church records (the real books) in the Hamburg State Library years ago, where I had to pay per day and which was taking me very much time. Never ventured to do it again.

Hope you'll find someone who is doing online research for German church records anyhow and offers to do a look-up for you. Will keep my fingers crossed.

Rgds,
Giselap

P.S. Received the doc per mail and will translate it asap.

Offline LUV

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Are there online records for Hamburg circa 1803? Looking for JUNGBLUT/JUNGBLUETH
« Reply #2 on: Friday 22 January 16 03:24 GMT (UK) »
HI Giselap

All I have is a marriage from Membach, Liège, Belgique and it is an entry from the Civil Registrations (so not church related).

In document Nicolas declares his birthdate  of 1083 and then only Hamburg as place of birth.  Nothing else, no parish.

I was hoping  Hamburg records were perhaps somewhere online with free access.  Too bad.  Thanks for letting me know
WOODAGE (East London);
PERCIVAL (Downe, Kent);
LOVE (Ireland Co.?)

Offline giselap

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 22 January 16 03:35 GMT (UK) »
Hi LUV,

unfortunately there are no Civil Registrations in Germany before 1870 (or was it 1880?):(

Think it was good old Otto v. Bismarck who brought civil registrars on their way.
As a matter of fact there was no Germany as such much before that time.  ;D

Rgds,
Giselap

Offline jorose

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 22 January 16 09:55 GMT (UK) »
familysearch has the marriage indexes (Pièces de mariage ) in the Belgium, Liège, Civil Registration. These include a copy of Nicholas' birth registration:
http://www.rootschat.com/links/01gwb/

He was not born Hamburg but Hombourg, which is a village in the Liege area, now part of the commune of Plombieres.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plombi%C3%A8res - so just up the road, not so far away at all!

Generally, in Belgian records if a foreign place is mentioned then the country will be added.
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline LUV

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 22 January 16 13:58 GMT (UK) »
Thank you jorose  ;)

My HUGE mistakes :-[ And I looked at the marriage and even wondered why his family came all the way from 'Hamburg Germany' to 'Limbourg Belgium' ... they did not... but rather just next door and in the same general area of what is now within the Province of Liège. 

Thank you so very  much for picking up my mistake.

I will now go through the Hombourg Civil Registrations and see what I can find. 
WOODAGE (East London);
PERCIVAL (Downe, Kent);
LOVE (Ireland Co.?)