Author Topic: Tyson Family Barrow/Ulverston  (Read 1612 times)

Offline Sean Gordon Tyson

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Tyson Family Barrow/Ulverston
« on: Sunday 24 January 16 01:20 GMT (UK) »
Hi
I'm just wanting to start to search for my Grandads Family The Tysons From Barrow/Ulverston his name was Gordon Tyson and He had a few Brothers but not much known about them as they didn't agree with him marrying my Grandmother in the 50's who was and Irish Catholic and they were all Church of England!! :-\ so details are pretty sketchy I know one of his brothers moved to Ilkey where he owned property earnest I think but not too sure

Offline pinefamily

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Big sister with baby brother
    • View Profile
Re: Tyson Family Barrow/Ulverston
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 24 January 16 03:56 GMT (UK) »
Is your grandad definitely dead? We can't post anything for living people unfortunately.
The only marriage for a Gordon Tyson in the 1950's was registered in Leeds.
Oh, and welcome to Rootschat!  ;D
I am Australian, from all the lands I come (my ancestors, at least!)

Pine/Pyne, Dowdeswell, Kempster, Sando/Sandoe/Sandow, Nancarrow, Hounslow, Youatt, Richardson, Jarmyn, Oxlade, Coad, Kelsey, Crampton, Lindner, Pittaway, and too many others to name.
Devon, Dorset, Gloucs, Cornwall, Warwickshire, Bucks, Oxfordshire, Wilts, Germany, Sweden, and of course London, to name a few.

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 24 January 16 04:00 GMT (UK) »
Yes he passed away in 1997 wife's name Mary son Ian and Daughter Lorna

Offline Radcliff

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Crown Copywrite on all census material,
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 24 January 16 04:05 GMT (UK) »
Was this your Grandad
Gordon Tyson, mother Wilson 1931 , registration, sub district
 Dalton
Gunning County Down,Kneale Isle of Man,Riddle Tynemouth,Bibby Kendal/Bradford,Colenso Penzance/Barrow-in-Furness,Steele Corney Fell,Chapman Ely,Dawes Alfreton,Blamire Westmoreland and Ulverston
Dislike the use of P Messaging system, unless its of a sensitive nature, Rootschat is  an open forum,

Offline pinefamily

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 24 January 16 04:08 GMT (UK) »
OK, his death was registered in the Leeds registration district in Feb 1997, with an estimated birth year of 1931, from the given age at death.
Birth: Gordon Tyson, Jun quarter 1931, Ulverston, 8e, 956; mother's maiden name Wilson.
There are a surprising number of Tyson/Wilson marriages, even just in the Ulverston district. There are two likely possiblities, so to progress further you will probably need to purchase your granddad's birth certificate. Do you happen to know any names of the brothers?

Pine/Pyne, Dowdeswell, Kempster, Sando/Sandoe/Sandow, Nancarrow, Hounslow, Youatt, Richardson, Jarmyn, Oxlade, Coad, Kelsey, Crampton, Lindner, Pittaway, and too many others to name.
Devon, Dorset, Gloucs, Cornwall, Warwickshire, Bucks, Oxfordshire, Wilts, Germany, Sweden, and of course London, to name a few.

Offline Radcliff

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Crown Copywrite on all census material,
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 24 January 16 04:10 GMT (UK) »
if so older brother Ronald born 1928

possible marriage Lindal in Furness 1927
St Peter which in fact is in Ireleth in Furness
James Tyson and Lillian Wilson
Gunning County Down,Kneale Isle of Man,Riddle Tynemouth,Bibby Kendal/Bradford,Colenso Penzance/Barrow-in-Furness,Steele Corney Fell,Chapman Ely,Dawes Alfreton,Blamire Westmoreland and Ulverston
Dislike the use of P Messaging system, unless its of a sensitive nature, Rootschat is  an open forum,

Offline pinefamily

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sunday 24 January 16 04:13 GMT (UK) »
What about the marriage of Harold P Tyson and Ethel Wilson, also in 1927?

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Sunday 24 January 16 04:30 GMT (UK) »
I think he had a brother Ronald and Austin?

Offline pinefamily

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Sunday 24 January 16 04:36 GMT (UK) »
There are only the Ronald that Radcliff mentioned above, and a Richard G Tyson whose births are registered in the Ulverston district, and no Austin's anywhere.