Author Topic: stannard family tree  (Read 7097 times)

Offline rs2016

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
stannard family tree
« on: Sunday 31 January 16 09:30 GMT (UK) »
Hi, i have been researching my family tree for about 6 months now and have got lots of information but have now hit a brick wall, so i was wondering if there are more experienced researchers on here that could help me. This is where i am stuck,  i have philip stannard (my great,great grandfather) born in norfolk and died in derby, 1818-1879.  It is his parents i need to accurately identify as i want to go as far back as possible, hes where it gets confusing.
philips birth record states his father is robert stannard and his mother is stated as christiana stannard on one and simply Xtiana on another record. I searched for marriage records for robert and christiana and got these results -

christain lovick married robert stannard, 14th dec 1817,st stephen, norfolk

Christiana livick married robert stannard 26th dec 1817, st martin at oak, norfolk

christiana livory married robert stannard 21st dec 1817, norfolk.

Christiana appears on a census with philip in derby as his mother with her DOB stated as 1798, norfolk. Her name in this census is revel(l) as she married thomas revell in derby in 1839, on their marriage record her name is christiana stannard and her fathers name is samuel lovick, (both thomas and christiana were by that point widowed according to the marriage cert).
This is what is even more bizarre, i found a record for a charlotte stannard, christened 15th dec 1833, st paul, norfolk and her parents names are christiana lovick and JOHN stannard!

If anyone can help pinpoint the actual parents of philip stannard so i can try and get further back in time i would be extremely grateful. Sorry if this shouldn't be on this part of the forum but i'm new so feel free to tell me where i should put it.

Offline KGarrad

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: stannard family tree
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 31 January 16 10:03 GMT (UK) »
In the first place, what you found re Philip was his baptism or christening record; NOT his birth record! ;D
Also "X" is a well-known abbreviation for "Christ" - as in Xmas :D
So Xtiana is the same thing as Christiana.

Interestingly, there is this baptism recorded at St Martin in the Oak:
14th July 1822, Eliza Hazzerd Stannard, daughter of Christiana Stannard (No father's name!)

See: http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~tinstaafl/Church_Pages/norwich_st_martin_at_oak.htm#1815
Garrad (Suffolk, Essex, Somerset), Crocker (Somerset), Vanstone (Devon, Jersey), Sims (Wiltshire), Bridger (Kent)

Offline Pheno

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 31 January 16 10:20 GMT (UK) »
Hi, this implied to me that Christiana's husband Robert Stannard had died at some point between son Philip's birth in 1818 and 1822 when Christiana had an illegitimate daughter Eliza.

Bingo - on family search there are burials of a Robert Stannard at St. Martin in Oak Church, Norwich, Norfolk on  5 September 1818 (born 1795) and 29 August 1822.

I would suggest that one of these, probably the 1818 Robert is Christiana's husband, maybe the other is a son.

Pheno
Austin/Austen - Sussex & London
Bond - Berkshire & London
Bishop - Sussex & Kent
Holland - Essex
Nevitt - Cheshire & Staffordshire
Wray - Yorkshire

Offline rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 31 January 16 11:08 GMT (UK) »
Hi

Welcome to rootschat

christain lovick married robert stannard, 14th dec 1817,st stephen, norfolk

christiana livory married robert stannard 21st dec 1817, norfolk.

Christiana livick married robert stannard 26th dec 1817, st martin at oak, norfolk

The first two entries are probably the banns being called and not the marriage  ;)
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 31 January 16 11:12 GMT (UK) »
Freereg has the marriage

http://freereg2.freereg.org.uk/

St Martin at Oak, Norfolk
Marriage date   26 Dec 1817
Groom Robert Stannard - bachelor
Bride Christian Livick - spinster
Brides parish   St Stephen, Norwich
Witnesses Wm Money & Sarah Livick

Offline rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 31 January 16 11:19 GMT (UK) »
Hi, this implied to me that Christiana's husband Robert Stannard had died at some point between son Philip's birth in 1818 and 1822 when Christiana had an illegitimate daughter Eliza.

Bingo - on family search there are burials of a Robert Stannard at St. Martin in Oak Church, Norwich, Norfolk on  5 September 1818 (born 1795) and 29 August 1822.

I would suggest that one of these, probably the 1818 Robert is Christiana's husband, maybe the other is a son.

Pheno

Freereg has the 1822 burial of a Robert as age 4 1/2 years  :)

Offline trish1120

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Happy me
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sunday 31 January 16 11:24 GMT (UK) »
BAPTISM;
Christiana LIVICK Baptised 25 Dec 1797, St Andrew, Framingham Pigot
Birth 22 Dec 1797
Parents SAMUEL/CHARLOTTE nee CHILLEY
(FreeREG)
Siblings Baptisms;
CHARLOTTE and SARAH, 4 Nov 1795 (both born 4 Nov 1795)

BURIAL;
CHARLOTTE Livick, Wife of Samuel, 19 May 1800 same Church
Age 26, late Chilley

Possible remarriage
Samuel LIVOCK, Widower, Mary COLLINSON, Widow, 17 Feb 1806, St George Colegate, Norwich
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Cummins, Miskelly(IRELAND + NZ) ,Leggett (SFK + NFK ENGLAND + NZ),Purdy ( NBL ENGLAND + NZ ), Shaw YKS, LANCs + NZ), Holdsworth(LINCS +LANCS + NZ), Moloney, Dean, Fitzpatrick, ( County Down,IRE) Newby(NBL.ENG, Costello(IRE), Ivers, Murray(IRE),Reay(NBL.ENG) Reid (BERW.SCOTLAND)

Offline Pheno

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Sunday 31 January 16 11:27 GMT (UK) »
#5 by Rosie means the 1822 burial might not refer to Robert Stannard son of Christiana though as FreeReg also has this baptism at St. Martin at Oak on 4 Feb 1816 (born 1 January 1816)
Robert Wortley Stannard parents James & Mary Ann Stannard.

With regard to the original query it appears that Philip Stannard was the son of Robert Stannard (1795-1818) and Christiana Lovick (1797-?).  Trish has already taken Christiana back a further generation for you so now you need to do the same for Robert Stannard.

Pheno
Austin/Austen - Sussex & London
Bond - Berkshire & London
Bishop - Sussex & Kent
Holland - Essex
Nevitt - Cheshire & Staffordshire
Wray - Yorkshire

Offline rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Sunday 31 January 16 11:51 GMT (UK) »
rs2016

I don't know if you have looked at 'freereg'  but the parish you are looking at is quite well covered and generally gives more information than familysearch if it appears on the register