Author Topic: 1915-1918 nsw births lookup for John Henry HOUSTON  (Read 3253 times)

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
Re: 1915-1918 nsw births lookup for John Henry HOUSTON
« Reply #36 on: Thursday 04 February 16 23:32 GMT (UK) »
 :)  I may have added to the confusion....  I blame the puter, it should have known how to spell Mabel.   

;D  ;D  ;D  (Well it should !)

So please read "Mabel" in lieu of "Martha"  and I would suggest that would be the marriage that Cando is referring to, as it is the same reference number.   

Cheers,  JM

Re
Message for majm - Qld marriages online certificates are up to 1941.

cant find marriage of John bell Houston & Martha Helen Flanagan 1918,

:) NSW BDM online index has the marriage of Martha Helen FLANAGAN.   
(JM ADDS, a JM typo, please read "Mabel" in lieu of "Martha". )

It is from 1918.  It is reference # 9790.  The groom is William B HOUSTON.

:) Cando had provided you with the look up.

9790/1918
HOUSTON William B
FLANAGAN Mabel H
District Wollongong

Re Qld BDM online index.   As with all the Aussie BDM indexes, they only display up to but not into the various restricted access periods.   However, the registration process of course continues.  The restricted access period limits members of the general public from gaining access to non historic registrations. 

:) Dundee provided you with excellent advice.

Do you have the marriage registration for JH and Marion, and if so, what information does JH give about himself and his parents?
Cheers,  JM
The marriage was probably less than 75 years ago but if you can prove that both are deceased you may be able to apply for a search.
Debra  :)

The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline aj57

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Saturday 06 February 16 05:56 GMT (UK) »
Just wanted to say thankyou to everyone for their help/suggestions .

I will pass the information to the family & hopefully the death certificates of the parents will answer some questions.

thanks again

Offline rosball

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • John Scott Henderson 1853 Scotland -1919 Vic
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Tuesday 09 February 16 22:49 GMT (UK) »
I'm confused ...  ;D but if you would like the probate file found by cando http://search.records.nsw.gov.au/items/1520173
then I am happy to photograph it for you next time I am there.  It may contain his death cert and other useful info.

regards,
   Ros
Let's not tolerate bullying !
Herrington Kent  Henderson Scotland Kerr Scotland Reston Scotland  Smith Scotland  Kellow Cornwall  Doney Cornwall  Wadeson Lancashire  Whiteley Yorkshire Gregan Ireland

Offline aj57

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: 1915-1918 nsw births lookup for John Henry HOUSTON - Completed
« Reply #39 on: Wednesday 10 February 16 03:58 GMT (UK) »
Thank you  for the offer but i went to state records today, W B Houston's probate was no help , but i did find info - it answered the Q - JH Houston was an alias, i wont post anymore info as there could be living relatives.

Thank you again