Author Topic: Castle / Barney  (Read 765 times)

Offline natz300

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Castle / Barney
« on: Monday 08 February 16 17:40 GMT (UK) »
Hi, im looking for info on the Castles/Barney families from Hampshire and hoping someone could help.

All the info I have is .... (*) Castle (1950 Petersfield, Hampshire) (*) Castle (1953 Winchester, Hampshire). Apparently there is at least another sisterTheirMums Maiden name is Barney. There is an Aunty Cinderella Castle, who they called Aunt Ella. I have found her death in Wincheste, Hampshire but no birth. A Marriage of Cinderella Doe to a William J Castle in Stains, Middlesex. 3 children born to Cinderella rules out the Death of William Castle in Winchester in the 1940's as one of their Children was born 1960's. 

I have found a lot of Castles in Romsey all with the Mothers Maiden name of Barney raging from the 1920's-1950-60's). Surely if they were all by the same parents they would be well into their 50's+ and still having Children. I can only find 2 marriages for Castle/Barney, one is 1933 Christchurch, the other 1950's.

I am thinking the 2 families joined on more than one occasion, and I believe (but I could be wrong) that Marriages were not always registered.

I was asked my a close friend to do their family tree as a present for his Mother for her Birthday (I have done lots before) but am really struggling with this one. He does not know his Mums parents names and will not ask as its a surprise.

I don't know where to look next. Any help is greatfully received.

(*) Moderator Comment:
Edited in accordance with RootsChat policy of not publishing details of living people here, or details of people who may still be living. This is to protect all concerned from spam, identity abuse, internet abuse, etc.

Offline MamaT1nk

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
Re: Castle / Barney
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 19 June 16 02:14 BST (UK) »
Hello! I'm new here but I'must a castle and researching my history too. I have a group on Facebook with my family helping me too. There's some barney's on there also. Maria barney is one.
I have seen a couple of families seeming to join a few times also and having some issues with that too! What's your friend's name? Xx

Offline horsesmad

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Castle / Barney
« Reply #2 on: Monday 20 June 16 08:00 BST (UK) »
hi
i have castles, Hampshire and staines,i will look if any of them match.
lee canningtown
Scott mitchim
Taylor
Lawrence middlesex
Hilton
castle