Author Topic: John Smith and Elizabeth King / Smith  (Read 907 times)

Offline edward fraser

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
John Smith and Elizabeth King / Smith
« on: Sunday 21 February 16 13:00 GMT (UK) »
Hi, I would like to ask for a look up for the names of the four children who died of the seven born to John Smith 1865 & Elizabeth King/ Smith 1867 .They were married in Hull Yorkshire on 25th May 1889.We have the names and details of the other three children John, Elizabeth and Clara.
Any assistance will be much appreciated , kind regards Edward ..

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: John Smith and Elizabeth King / Smith
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 21 February 16 15:47 GMT (UK) »
If I have the right family then these are the dates of the children that you know of born in Hull:

John b. 1890
Elizabeth b. 1895
Clara b. 1902

There is a big gap between the births of the children and with a name like Smith they won't be easy to find.

I have had a good look on Family Search but there were no matches that I could find for Smith/King and so many Smith babies born between those dates that have no parents names. Some of the children could have been stillborn or died soon after birth  :-\

https://familysearch.org/

Someone else may have better luck than me.

Carol

CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU

Offline Bee

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 21 February 16 16:46 GMT (UK) »
Hi

Maybe a silly suggestion 8)

As the family appear to be living at Flemmings Gallery, Smeaton Street which can be found at http://www.genuki.org.uk/big/eng/YKS/Misc/Transcriptions/ERY/Hull1892StreetsS.html

If you locate the nearest church then search the baptism records at the archives and see if you can spot the missing children, assuming that they lived long enough to be baptised, a long and tedious job but I can't think of any other way.

Bee
 :)
Dinsdale, Ellis, Gee, Goldsmith,Green,Hawks,Holmes,  Lacey, Longhorn, Pickersgill, Quantrill,Tuthill, Tuttle & Walker,  in E & W Yorks, Lincs, Norfolk & Suffolk. Census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 21 February 16 16:46 GMT (UK) »
If you google 31, Brazil Street, Holderness Road, Hull it is still there and there is a PDF showing you the house and it's interior.
Strawberry Street, is also still there.

Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 21 February 16 17:34 GMT (UK) »
As John was baptised and married at Christ Church, Sculcoates..then there is a strong possibility that the children where baptised there but with a surname like Smith and no Christian name...I think you will struggle  :-\
Carol

Offline edward fraser

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 22 February 16 14:45 GMT (UK) »
Thank you very much both Carol & Bee for your assistance , advice & time ..
 Kind regards Edward ..