Author Topic: Catherine Hughes 1881-1920  (Read 609 times)

Offline GrandadsSixpence

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Catherine Hughes 1881-1920
« on: Sunday 21 February 16 13:27 GMT (UK) »
Hi everyone

We are trying to find out if Catherine is buried in Carno. Is there anyone who would know how we could access the burial records for the churchyards in the Carno area, or if anyone can do a lookup for me?  I have the MGS Parish of Carno and Llanbrynmair memorial transcriptions books and she isn't in any of them so I don't think she had a stone erected in her memory.  Catherine was born in Carno to William and Margaret Thomas (nee Jones).  She married David Hughes in 1901 and they lived at Cawg, Llanbrynmair.  David was killed in action WW1 in 1917.  Many thanks.  Wendy :)
Yorkshire - England, Holmes, Brumfitt, Walker, Staves,
Sussex - Hicks, Perren, Veness, Dicker
Hampshire - Hicks, Bacon
Cornwall - Hicks

Online CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: Catherine Hughes 1881-1920
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 21 February 16 14:25 GMT (UK) »
Hi

Assume she is the death in the December qtr 1920  RD Machynlleth   ?  If she died late December - she may have only been buried in the January of 1921.  Do you have her actual date of death?

Have you contacted the records office?
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline GrandadsSixpence

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Catherine Hughes 1881-1920
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 21 February 16 15:33 GMT (UK) »
Hi Carole, thanks for your message, I have just sent for the death certificate earlier today so will have death date then if it is the correct one. Should arrive next weekend.
Yorkshire - England, Holmes, Brumfitt, Walker, Staves,
Sussex - Hicks, Perren, Veness, Dicker
Hampshire - Hicks, Bacon
Cornwall - Hicks