Author Topic: Richard Hill - born in Yorkshire - ~1810  (Read 470 times)

Offline Beatles78

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Richard Hill - born in Yorkshire - ~1810
« on: Thursday 03 March 16 01:12 GMT (UK) »
Hello all! I have a brick wall that I can't knock down. My 3x Great Grandfather, Richard Hill, born about 1810 in Yorkshire, England, died on 11/16/1900 in Fountain County, IN. He married Sarah Ann Chapman on 6 Jan 1843 in Park County, IN and had 3 boys, George C. Hill born 1843 (my ancestor), Thomas Hill born 1845 and James Hill born 1848. I do not know the names of Richard's parents. I found a death record for him stating "don't know" for his parents, and unable to find an obituary.  I know he served an apprenticeship as a butcher in the London area prior to immigrating and ending up in the US. Earliest records I can find in the US is when he got married to Sarah. I have a marriage record that doesn't list parents. I am unable to find an exact city of birth, or an immigration record... Not certain he immigrated first to the US or via Canada first. My father, also Richard Hill, did a yDNA test with no help with our surname. Any help would be tremendously appreciated as this man is my surname line.

Thank you!
Stephanie

Offline [Ray]

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • UK Census information Crown Copyright
    • View Profile
"The wise man knows how little he knows, the foolish man does not". My Grandfather & Father.

"You can’t give kindness away.  It keeps coming back". Mark Twain (?).

Offline Beatles78

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Richard Hill - born in Yorkshire - ~1810
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 08 March 16 23:45 GMT (UK) »
Please reference related post http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=743082.0 as I posted on each Yorkshire board in the hopes that someone would be able to  help since i didn't have a town of birth for my ancestors, just that it was in Yorkshire.