Author Topic: 1884 marriage lookup please - Alice Ann DICKERSON, Bucklesham area  (Read 818 times)

Offline Nick_Ips

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
1884 marriage lookup please - Alice Ann DICKERSON, Bucklesham area
« on: Wednesday 09 March 16 13:12 GMT (UK) »

Hi, I'm interested in Alice Ann DICKERSON b.~1863 Bucklesham, Sfk with parents David DICKERSON and Amy CHERRINGTON. I had found a marriage of Alice Ann to George ROBINSON in Dec Q 1890, but further work using the 1939 register suggests this is a different Alice Ann DICKERSON who was born in Bucklesham a couple of years later.

Going back to FreeBMD I've now seen the Jun Q 1884 marriage to Henry HARVEY. I'd be very grateful if anyone has access to the PR's for Bucklesham if you could please look up the 1884 marriage and see if that Alice Ann's father's name is given as David.

Henry HARVEY and his wife Alice Ann appear to have lived in Hintlesham and Washbrook (various baptisms), before moving to Somersham by the time of the 1891 census. Alice Ann appears to have died in 1896.

Many thanks in advance for any help.

Nick

Offline Bee

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: 1884 marriage lookup please - Alice Ann DICKERSON, Bucklesham area
« Reply #1 on: Friday 18 March 16 00:09 GMT (UK) »
A tree on Ancestry has Alice Ann Dickerson 1863 -1896 as the first wife of Henry Harvey, but it does not give her parents.
Dinsdale, Ellis, Gee, Goldsmith,Green,Hawks,Holmes,  Lacey, Longhorn, Pickersgill, Quantrill,Tuthill, Tuttle & Walker,  in E & W Yorks, Lincs, Norfolk & Suffolk. Census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Nick_Ips

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 19 March 16 09:54 GMT (UK) »
Hi Bee, many thanks for your reply. I've seen Alice on a few Ancestry trees, but none identify a positive link with parents David and Amy. At least one has made the same mistake I did and linked David and Amy's daughter to the ROBINSON marriage.

Unless anyone else comes along with access to the PR's then I'll have to wait until I can get to the Suffolk Record Office someday.

Out of interest, are any of your Tuttle/Tuthill's from the area around East Dereham in Norfolk?

Best wishes,

Nick

Offline Bee

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 19 March 16 23:41 GMT (UK) »

Out of interest, are any of your Tuttle/Tuthill's from the area around East Dereham in Norfolk?

Tuttle or Tuthill some of them seem to have varied the spelling just to confuse me.

My Tuttle's came mainly from the Wicklewood area in Norfolk and the Tuthill's from around Uggeshall and Wenhaston areas of Suffolk, before arriving in East Yorkshire.

What's your interest?

Bee
 :)

Dinsdale, Ellis, Gee, Goldsmith,Green,Hawks,Holmes,  Lacey, Longhorn, Pickersgill, Quantrill,Tuthill, Tuttle & Walker,  in E & W Yorks, Lincs, Norfolk & Suffolk. Census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Nick_Ips

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 26 March 16 11:48 GMT (UK) »

Hi Bee,

I share your confusion with the Tuttle / Tuthill spelling variations, so I don't think they were being deliberately unkind to you  ;) I've also seen Tuttel, and some transcriptions as 'Turtle' just to add to the fun!

My connection is very distant, but it is through Frances PEASE who married Thomas TUTHILL (b.c1789 in Coston, Nfk). Thomas and Frances had several children in and around Thuxton, Nfk and Coston, Nfk - so not a million miles from Wicklewood.

Best wishes,

Nick

Offline annes

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 26 March 16 11:56 GMT (UK) »
Taken from Bucklesham parish register

Henry Harvey - 22 - bachelor - Groom of Washbrook
Alice Anne Dickerson - 21 - spinster of Bucklesham
Married 16th May 1884
Both signed their names
Fathers: Robert Harvey labourer, David Dickerson labourer
Witnesses: William Calthorpe, Ellen Carver

Offline annes

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Saturday 26 March 16 11:57 GMT (UK) »
Taken from Bucklesham parish register

Alice Ann d/o David and Amy Dickerson baptised 13th September 1863
Also:
Emma 13th Feb 1859
Mary Anne 22nd Oct 1854

Offline Nick_Ips

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Sunday 27 March 16 12:29 BST (UK) »

Hi Anne, Many thanks for your help, the information was just what I needed and confirms what I suspected about who Alice married. You are a star!

Best wishes, Nick