Author Topic: Thurlaston Baptist marriage look-up Woodward/Harvey 1918  (Read 407 times)

Offline Davedrave

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Thurlaston Baptist marriage look-up Woodward/Harvey 1918
« on: Tuesday 15 March 16 11:28 GMT (UK) »
I would be very grateful if anyone was able to look up a marriage for me. I would normally do it myself, but unfortunately am not in a position to at present, and I have promised a little biography for a war memorial charity. I just lack one bit.

George Ernest Woodward and Florence Harvey married in the Blaby reg. district in the June quarter of 1918, just a few weeks before George was killed on the Western Front. Since both families were Baptists and Florence was literally the "girl next door", I think it very likely that they married in Thurlaston Baptist chapel. Certainly parents and widow were buried there.
ESSEX: Cramphorn Raven Sams Sayers Taylor; GLOS: Beacham/Beauchamp; HERTS: Chamberlain Chuck; LEICS: Allot Bentley Godfrey Greasley Hunt Hurst Jarvis Lane Lea Light Woodward; LINCS: Lambert Mitchell Muse ; STAFFS: Hodgkins Jarvis; SURREY: Light; WARKS: Astley/Chesshire Bradbury Hicken/Hickin Hudson; WORCS: Ballinger Beauchamp Laight

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: Thurlaston Baptist marriage look-up Woodward/Harvey 1918
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 16 March 16 00:12 GMT (UK) »
cwgc info shows he was 28 when he died and parents were James & Maria.  Florence is shown as Florence Hannah

Son of James and Maria Woodward, of Thurlaston; husband of Florence Hannah Woodward, of Thurlaston, Leicester.

Florence was b Dec qtr 1892 Blaby
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline Davedrave

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Thurlaston Baptist marriage look-up Woodward/Harvey 1918
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 16 March 16 08:06 GMT (UK) »
cwgc info shows he was 28 when he died and parents were James & Maria.  Florence is shown as Florence Hannah

Son of James and Maria Woodward, of Thurlaston; husband of Florence Hannah Woodward, of Thurlaston, Leicester.

Florence was b Dec qtr 1892 Blaby

Thanks CaroleW. It is really just the specific place of marriage that I'm lacking, but it was kind of you to look into it.

Dave :)
It was
ESSEX: Cramphorn Raven Sams Sayers Taylor; GLOS: Beacham/Beauchamp; HERTS: Chamberlain Chuck; LEICS: Allot Bentley Godfrey Greasley Hunt Hurst Jarvis Lane Lea Light Woodward; LINCS: Lambert Mitchell Muse ; STAFFS: Hodgkins Jarvis; SURREY: Light; WARKS: Astley/Chesshire Bradbury Hicken/Hickin Hudson; WORCS: Ballinger Beauchamp Laight