Author Topic: Script error  (Read 382 times)

Offline Cazza47

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Script error
« on: Saturday 09 April 16 14:19 BST (UK) »
i keep getting a box come up 'script error' which i cannot get rid of. I am using google chrome at the moment and it has not popped up so far. I usually use internet explorer which has all my saved sites, which is when the error box keeps popping up. I googled it and was told to go to tools, internet options, advanced and which boxes to tick and not tick but it has made no difference. When it pops up I cannot do anything with my computer it does not matter if I click yes or no it still comes back. It happened just after I installed my new printer, could there be a connection?
Help please.
Carol
Muckley, Routledge, Roe, Bontoft, Brumpton, Bills, Aspatria, Carlisle

Offline CathieM

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Script error
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 09 April 16 15:28 BST (UK) »
Hi Carol,

It's not a solution to your problem but a workaround.  You can import your favourites from Internet Explorer to Chrome by clicking on the symbol that looks like 3 horizontal bars (top right corner of Chrome screen, just under the 'Close' cross). Click on 'Bookmarks', then click on 'Import bookmarks and settings...'  Another box will open and you should select 'Microsoft Internet Explorer' then you can select all the items you want to import such as your bookmarks, browsing history and so on.  At least this way you can carry on working in Chrome without having to look for all your favourite sites while you look for a proper solution to your problem. :)

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Script error
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 09 April 16 16:17 BST (UK) »
You've IE and Chrome.... which one have you set as Default and what is it allowed open??

Chrome may have certain Protocols assigned to it, IE other protocols!!

Choose one and Set it as Default with full protocols 

See http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=745990.0
Give a man a record and you feed him for a day.
Teach a man to research, and you feed him for a lifetime.