Author Topic: Look Up Request: Father of Anthony R EARNSHAW  (Read 680 times)

Offline Happygoluck

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Look Up Request: Father of Anthony R EARNSHAW
« on: Friday 22 April 16 23:31 BST (UK) »
Anthony R EARNSHAW was born in 1961 in the registration district of TOTNES in the Inferred County of DEVONSHIRE. He died in Sutton Coldfield in 2012.

His mother's maiden surname is listed as JONES. I believe his father was called Richard EARNSHAW.

I would be beyond grateful and appreciative if anyone could help me find the name of Anthony's father, as I have searched and searched for over a year now and have had no luck whatsoever

Thanks in advance for any efforts made

Offline groom

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me aged 3. Tidied up thanks to Wiggy.
    • View Profile
Re: Look Up Request: Father of Anthony R EARNSHAW
« Reply #1 on: Friday 22 April 16 23:45 BST (UK) »
I can't think of any on line records that would show this as it is so recent. The quickest way would be to get his birth certificate, as that will show his father.

Births Dec 1961   
EARNSHAW    Anthony R    JONES   
Totnes    7a   848

You can get this for £9.25 from the GRO.

Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Happygoluck

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 22 April 16 23:47 BST (UK) »
I can't think of any on line records that would show this as it is so recent. The quickest way would be to get his birth certificate, as that will show his father.

Births Dec 1961   
EARNSHAW    Anthony R    JONES   
Totnes    7a   848

You can get this for £9.25 from the GRO.

Thanks - these are the thoughts that I've had myself - I will definitely buy his birth certificate :)

Offline groom

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 23 April 16 00:02 BST (UK) »
On the other hand, I cant see any marriage on Freebmd between a Richard Earnshaw and a Jones. Is it possible that it was a second marriage for the bride, so she would have married under the name of her first marriage rather than her maiden name?

I think if you don't state a reference number when requesting the certificate, you can say you don't want it if the father isn't Richard Earnshaw.

Offline Annette7

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 23 April 16 02:19 BST (UK) »
Think his father was probably the Anthony Richard Earnshaw born 9/5/1930 (mmn Thompsett) who died Feb.2003 Torbay, Devon.

Said gentleman married a lady named Toms in Dec.1960 Totnes.   I won't name her as she could still be living but you can easily find her Christian name plus 2 initials on FreeBMD.    Looks like she had been married before to a gentleman named Toms in Sept.qtr.1955 Totnes and her surname was indeed Jones.  She was born Mar.qtr.1933 Portsmouth (mmn Wood)

Don't know what became of the lady - can't see her in current electoral rolls, nor can I find her in deaths index or a further remarriage.   

Annette
Scopes (One-Name Study - Worldwide)
Suffolk - Grist, Knights, Bullenthorpe, Watcham
Scotland - Spence, Horne, Cowan, Moffat
London -  Monk

Don't walk behind me, I may not lead.   Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow.   Just walk beside me and be my friend.

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Happygoluck

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 23 April 16 02:33 BST (UK) »
Think his father was probably the Anthony Richard Earnshaw born 9/5/1930 (mmn Thompsett) who died Feb.2003 Torbay, Devon.

Said gentleman married a lady named Toms in Dec.1960 Totnes.   I won't name her as she could still be living but you can easily find her Christian name plus 2 initials on FreeBMD.    Looks like she had been married before to a gentleman named Toms in Sept.qtr.1955 Totnes and her surname was indeed Jones.  She was born Mar.qtr.1933 Portsmouth (mmn Wood)

Don't know what became of the lady - can't see her in current electoral rolls, nor can I find her in deaths index or a further remarriage.   

Annette

Thank you so much!!!!

Offline Annette7

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Saturday 23 April 16 02:53 BST (UK) »
The lady in question did indeed marry again in June qtr.1977 Torbay to a gentleman surnamed Vale (with a daughter born 1978 and probable son born pre marriage in 1975). 

Found him on electoral roll (he died 2005) and think she was still alive in 2014 (still in Devon) but had dropped her first name.

Annette

Scopes (One-Name Study - Worldwide)
Suffolk - Grist, Knights, Bullenthorpe, Watcham
Scotland - Spence, Horne, Cowan, Moffat
London -  Monk

Don't walk behind me, I may not lead.   Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow.   Just walk beside me and be my friend.

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline groom

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Saturday 23 April 16 09:23 BST (UK) »
Brilliant finds Annette. I guessed it must have been a second marriage but didn't have time to follow it up last night. That means there are probably living relations doesn't it?

Offline Happygoluck

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday 27 April 16 19:19 BST (UK) »
Brilliant finds Annette. I guessed it must have been a second marriage but didn't have time to follow it up last night. That means there are probably living relations doesn't it?

Thanks everyone for all your help :) there are many living relations :)