Author Topic: 1851 census lookup, please: Samuel Loader  (Read 1804 times)

Offline acauston

• I am sorry but my email address is not working at the moment.
  • RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
1851 census lookup, please: Samuel Loader
« on: Wednesday 20 July 05 01:31 BST (UK) »
Hello:
I've found two Samuel Loader candidates in the 1841 census:  one was born c1791 and resided on Higher Street at Morden in Dorset, while the other was born c1796 and resided at Longburton, also in Dorset.  The one I am looking for was born in the 1790s at Long Crichell, Dorset.
I don't know if anyone has access to either of these parts of the 1851 census or whether these parts are searchable, but I thought I'd ask :).
Cheers,
Alison Causton
Annapolis Valley, Nova Scotia
London/Croydon: Causton. Steyning, Coombes & Piddinghoe, Sussex: Lamport. Bournemouth/Croydon: Dunford. Bristol/Croydon: Wawman, Hurford. Long Crichel, Dorset: Loader. Wivelsfield, Sussex: Miles. Kilrea, Co L'Derry: Kilpatrick, M'Kay. Caledon & Dungannon, Co Tyrone: Huggins, Kennedy, Thompson. Co Kerry: Burke. Corbrackey, Co Armagh: Flavell, Jones. DruminallyDuff, Co Armagh: Gilmore.

Offline shoko

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: 1851 census lookup, please: Samuel Loader
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 26 July 05 22:00 BST (UK) »
Hi Alison
No Samuel Loader at Morden in Dorset in the 1851 census.
At Longburton in the 1851 census there was a Samuel Loader age 55 but born at Lillington, Dorset, so presumably not yours.  I checked Lillington baptisms and found two Samuel Loaders born to George Loader and Martha (James), the first baptised 25 March 1792, the second 1 February 1795 (presumably after the first Samuel had died) so this is obviously the one at Longburton in 1851.
I checked Long Crichel baptisms and found your Samuel Loader, son of John and Catherine, baptised 22 July 1792.
Dibble, Hoddinott, Huntley (Somerset/Dorset); Holmes (Hull); Samuel (Hull & Belfast); Gilbert, Roberts, Talbot (Coastguards)

Offline acauston

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 27 July 05 01:15 BST (UK) »
Thank you very much, Shoko, for checking these items for me.  Looks like "our" Samuel Loader continues to elude our family history research net, at least thus far ;).  I did have that baptism record, thank you, and that is our man.  Hmmm, where might he have gone to...
Cheers and thanks again,
Alison
London/Croydon: Causton. Steyning, Coombes & Piddinghoe, Sussex: Lamport. Bournemouth/Croydon: Dunford. Bristol/Croydon: Wawman, Hurford. Long Crichel, Dorset: Loader. Wivelsfield, Sussex: Miles. Kilrea, Co L'Derry: Kilpatrick, M'Kay. Caledon & Dungannon, Co Tyrone: Huggins, Kennedy, Thompson. Co Kerry: Burke. Corbrackey, Co Armagh: Flavell, Jones. DruminallyDuff, Co Armagh: Gilmore.

Offline allibaker

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information is Crown Copyright http://www.n
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 06 April 06 09:07 BST (UK) »
hate to throw a spanner in the works but the baptism of samuel loader on 22nd july 1792 to john loader and catherine is not the one you are looking for.that samuel loader died 3rd jan 1793.
regards
alli
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk.
somerset- quick,baker,stephens,atyeo,rowswell,callow,marks
durham- marshall,fairbairn
worcestershire- stephens,bishop
gloucestershire - stephens
middlesex - chesney

Offline acauston

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 18 April 06 16:44 BST (UK) »
Hello, allibaker...
You know, I think you do have the correct Samuel.  I was trying to find out what happened to him, and I think this is the answer! ;)
Many thanks for your reply.
Regards,
Alison

Offline bitzar

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Good things come to those who wait...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 29 July 21 08:21 BST (UK) »
A very old thread I know, BUT there is a 2nd Samuel LOADER baptised the same day as his older brother Samuel was buried!  Same parents, John and Catherine.

bitzar.

EDIT: I've just looked at the orig register, there is no baptism of a second Samuel.  The entry on IGI must be made up.
ROBERTS / ROBERT / ROBERTSON (Paternal) - Dunbartonshire/Stirlingshire, Scotland
NEWEY - Leicestershire, England
FITZGERALD - Co. Cork - Ireland
HOWLETT - Suffolk, England
PHILMORE - Wiltshire, England
CHAPMAN - Cornwall - England
NICHOLLS - Cornwall - England
SHAW - Nottinghamshire, England
PRITCHARD - Salop, England
ROBERTS (Maternal) - Surrey, England