Author Topic: Findmypast Saved Searches  (Read 2509 times)

Offline deebel

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Findmypast Saved Searches
« on: Saturday 07 May 16 20:01 BST (UK) »
Help /info please.

Is there a way to print out or copy to a spreadsheet the list of searches saved in one's search list?

deebel
This post is a natural hand made product. The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws. Unfortunately my preferred method of writing (Parker Quink on Basildon Bond) cannot be used.

Offline ringarosy

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Findmypast Saved Searches
« Reply #1 on: Monday 13 June 16 01:31 BST (UK) »
Yes.
You can copy and paste the list into a word document and print it or paste it into a spreadsheet.
Grimes Patterson Keeley -- Warwickshire
Hollis Cooper Solomons Hubbard Moses Merrott -- Bethnal Green, Hackney
Dunlop Grimes -- NSW

Offline deebel

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 14 June 16 00:00 BST (UK) »
Thanks ringarosy. My question was really to find out if there was a way of avoiding the cut and paste option as I have hundreds of pages of saved searches

deebel
This post is a natural hand made product. The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws. Unfortunately my preferred method of writing (Parker Quink on Basildon Bond) cannot be used.

Offline davidft

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 14 June 16 00:04 BST (UK) »
Linked to that may I ask what happens to your saved searches if your subscription lapses. Can you still see them (I mean including the transcription or actual record) as you did pay for them when you had the subscription.

Thank you.
James Stott c1775-1850. James was born in Yorkshire but where? He was a stonemason and married Elizabeth Archer (nee Nicholson) in 1794 at Ripon. They lived thereafter in Masham. If anyone has any suggestions or leads as to his birthplace I would be interested to know. I have searched for it for years without success. Thank you.

Offline ringarosy

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 14 June 16 01:12 BST (UK) »
I take it then, that it is the results of the searches that you want to save, not the searches themselves.
If this is so, then no, apart from copying and pasting as I suggested, or taking screen shots of the lists. This has been asked before of FindMyPast:

http://findmypast.uservoice.com/forums/222583-ideas-and-improvements/suggestions/5803491-allow-save-and-export-of-results-lists

To answer davidft, FindMyPast say all your saved searches will be held even when your sub. lapses.

"We hope this will make your research that little bit easier! One fringe benefit of Saved Records is that because we now store every record you've viewed against your account, there is no danger of being charged twice to view a record you have already seen if you're a PayAsYouGo customer. And perhaps best of all, your Saved Records will be available even if (heaven forbid) your credits or subscription expires."

Taken from:     https://blog.findmypast.co.uk/saving-your-records-whats-new-whats-coming-1406241574.html
Grimes Patterson Keeley -- Warwickshire
Hollis Cooper Solomons Hubbard Moses Merrott -- Bethnal Green, Hackney
Dunlop Grimes -- NSW

Offline Rosinish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • PASSED & PAST
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 14 June 16 03:37 BST (UK) »
Deebel,

You haven't said which site you were/are using as different sites have different options e.g. SP have an option to print your searches.

Shortcut to print page is Control & P

Annie
South Uist, Inverness-shire, Scotland:- Bowie, Campbell, Cumming, Currie

Ireland:- Cullen, Flannigan (Derry), Donahoe/Donaghue (variants) (Cork), McCrate (Tipperary), Mellon, Tol(l)and (Donegal & Tyrone)

Newcastle-on-Tyne/Durham (Northumberland):- Harrison, Jude, Kemp, Lunn, Mellon, Robson, Stirling

Kettering, Northampton:- MacKinnon

Canada:- Callaghan, Cumming, MacPhee

"OLD GENEALOGISTS NEVER DIE - THEY JUST LOSE THEIR CENSUS"

Offline davidft

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 14 June 16 11:18 BST (UK) »
Thank you for the reply ringarosy that is very helpful.
James Stott c1775-1850. James was born in Yorkshire but where? He was a stonemason and married Elizabeth Archer (nee Nicholson) in 1794 at Ripon. They lived thereafter in Masham. If anyone has any suggestions or leads as to his birthplace I would be interested to know. I have searched for it for years without success. Thank you.

Offline deebel

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 15 June 16 09:54 BST (UK) »
It is not the search content. I just want to be able to view my search list in a spreadsheet so that I can sort and group the searches if needed.

Scotlands People enable filtered searches so that e.g. a list of all "smith" searches can be displayed

Offline carol8353

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me,mum and dad and both gran's c 1955
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday 15 June 16 11:02 BST (UK) »
Deebel,

You haven't said which site you were/are using as different sites have different options e.g. SP have an option to print your searches.

Shortcut to print page is Control & P

Annie

The clue is in the title Annie,it's Find My Past searches that are the subject of the query  ;D
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk