Author Topic: Thomas Pearson  (Read 3854 times)

Offline ianwade100

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Thomas Pearson
« Reply #18 on: Monday 30 May 16 18:14 BST (UK) »
Wowsers not sure how to get my.head around all this lot lolthank you ever so much I haunt got my hands on.the censuses anymore so can't see but hopefully will subscribe one day when I get some spare cash. Thank you ever so much. My grandmother lived in newbiggin by the sea but not sure if born there. Her birth cert just says born morpeth. Was rumours of relations to the Charltons ie bobby n jack. Can see a likeness but not found anything concrete.

Offline Pennines

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Monday 30 May 16 20:12 BST (UK) »
What a shame Ian -- you could have had hours of fun!
You can get transcribed census records on the free website Family Search;

https://familysearch.org/

although transcribed records aren't quite as good as seeing the actual document.

In addition you can access 'Ancestry' free at most libraries provided you are a member.

Good Luck with your research.
Places of interest;
Lancashire, West Yorkshire, Southern Ireland, Scotland.

Offline ianwade100

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday 01 June 16 17:41 BST (UK) »
Thank you ever so much I really appreciate it. Can't wait to get stuck in eventually

Offline ianwade100

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Friday 02 September 16 09:20 BST (UK) »
thanks alan and pennines

Brilliant stuff!!
sorry I havnt been on here for a while.

Alan you are spot on have just been looking at the census and Jessie and john dowling, james McKenzie and Thomas pearson all live next each other on bell street!!  really good stuff.

On Thomas and christinas wedding cert in 1913 it states thomas being a driver in the royal field artilliary based at bordon camp headley.  I cant seem to find my Thomas on the 1911 census. I wonder if he was based there??

kind regards

Ian

Offline Pennines

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Friday 02 September 16 10:37 BST (UK) »
Ian -- there appears to be a brief service record which may be for your Thomas on the Find My Past (subscription site). His Army number was 100781. He appears to have attested for service initially in 1910.

At the time this record was completed he has a wife Christina Bambridge McKenzie and at least one child named Alice.

He also joined the Army Reserve after the war - address on discharge was 40 Gibson St, Newbiggin by Sea.

There may be other Military Records for him as well. This was found on just a quick search.
Places of interest;

Offline Pennines

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Friday 02 September 16 10:49 BST (UK) »
I can't really understand the service record for this Thomas Pearson -- did your Thomas marry 3 times?

Firstly to Christina, then to a Mona Clementson and then to Doris Goodwin?

I am probably completely misunderstanding it, as I have not seen a military record in this particular format previously.
It would be really useful if someone else with access to Find My Past - could look at it please.

Military Records - Thomas Pearson b 1892 - Royal Artllery Attestations.

Many thanks
Places of interest;

Offline ianwade100

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Saturday 03 September 16 16:08 BST (UK) »
Hi pennines
Thank you for your time. Amazing stuff. Doris and moms were sisters and daughters to Thomas Pearson

Doris was my grandmother

Kind regards

Ian

Offline Pennines

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Saturday 03 September 16 17:58 BST (UK) »
Hi Ian -- so it looks like - by the time he left the Army Reserve in 1922 - he and Christina had 3 daughters; Alice b. 25/9/1913 in Houghton le Spring, Mona Clementson b. 10 4 1920 in Morpeth and Doris Goodwin b. 14/12/1921 in Morpeth.

The second and thirs daughters have been given what looks like family surnames as middle names - hence I wondered if they were subsequent marriages!

By the way -- you will be delighted to know that his character on discharge has been defined as 'exemplary'.
Places of interest;