Author Topic: Barrow in Furness Buriels  (Read 842 times)

Offline Alycia

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Barrow in Furness Buriels
« on: Friday 03 June 16 14:29 BST (UK) »
This is a longshot and I don't want to put anyone to too much trouble, but I have a James Jones, born 1846 in Tipton, Staffs, who died in Barrow in Furness in Sept Qtr 1924, Aged 78.  His last known address, in 1911 is the Old Kiln, Kirby in Furness, Lancs.  His wife, Sarah Jones, died in Mar Qtr 1933, Aged 84 - Barrow in Furness District.  I would like burial details for both if possible.  Thank you very much, and I am happy to return the favour if anyone needs information from my bit of the West Midlands.   :)

Offline Radcliff

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Crown Copywrite on all census material,
    • View Profile
Re: Barrow in Furness Buriels
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 04 June 16 21:51 BST (UK) »
You say his last address was Kirby quite a distance to Barrow
so perhaps he is buried at kirby St Cuthberts
and his death is registered in Barrow

if the weather stays fine I will pop up to Kirby on Monday and have a look around

Gunning County Down,Kneale Isle of Man,Riddle Tynemouth,Bibby Kendal/Bradford,Colenso Penzance/Barrow-in-Furness,Steele Corney Fell,Chapman Ely,Dawes Alfreton,Blamire Westmoreland and Ulverston
Dislike the use of P Messaging system, unless its of a sensitive nature, Rootschat is  an open forum,

Offline Alycia

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 04 June 16 22:17 BST (UK) »
That's really kind of you, thank you very much

Offline Radcliff

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 04 June 16 22:18 BST (UK) »
I see from his probate he was no longer living in Kirby
but Norfolk Street Barrow in Furness so he will be buried in Barrow,
the cemetery is large if you ring the archives at Barrow they possibly will be able to assist you with a grave reference and section
Gunning County Down,Kneale Isle of Man,Riddle Tynemouth,Bibby Kendal/Bradford,Colenso Penzance/Barrow-in-Furness,Steele Corney Fell,Chapman Ely,Dawes Alfreton,Blamire Westmoreland and Ulverston
Dislike the use of P Messaging system, unless its of a sensitive nature, Rootschat is  an open forum,

Offline Radcliff

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 04 June 16 22:20 BST (UK) »
I will try and get to the archives in the next couple of weeks ,if you can not got the reference numbers needed,then I can have a look for ou but I can not say when as I work during the day

Offline Alycia

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 05 June 16 13:34 BST (UK) »
Thank you so much - I have e mailed Lancashire Archives, to find out which is the nearest burial place to Norfolk Street

Offline Radcliff

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sunday 05 June 16 14:50 BST (UK) »
I know its Barrow in Furness cemetery and we come under Cumbria county council
the archives is in Barrow and the records are there as well as at the main cemetery
sadly if I go to ask for the grave reference there is a fee so if you can possibly get it from the archives I will go and find the grave and see if there is a headstone and take photo's

Offline Alycia

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Monday 06 June 16 12:02 BST (UK) »
I have just received a reply to my e mail saying that I need to contact Barrow Archives, but they think the nearest church to Norfolk Street is St Matthews - will let you know the outcome.  Thank you very much for your help  :)

Offline Radcliff

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Monday 06 June 16 19:32 BST (UK) »
No problem at all