Author Topic: Thomas and Maria Burgess of Shelton missing marriage  (Read 1014 times)

Offline maclemett

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Thomas and Maria Burgess of Shelton missing marriage
« on: Sunday 12 June 16 00:46 BST (UK) »
Hi just wondering if anyone would be kind enough to help locate a marriage record for Thomas and Maria Burgess. As of yet I have been unable to find any posibles they would have married sometime I imagine between 1800 and 1829 they later settled in Hanley, Staffordshire. Thomas was a Potter places I believe could be where the marriage occurred include;
. Ellastone
. Stoke on Trent area
. Hanley
.Shelton
. Wollstanton

I would love to find the marriage and maybe some documents for the children . I know they had 5 daughtets including Patience, Eliza, Caroline and Martha. Any help would be appreciated

Offline karenlee

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Drive it like ya stole it.
    • View Profile
Re: Thomas and Maria Burgess of Shelton missing marriage
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 12 June 16 00:55 BST (UK) »

Hi

I can see some baptisms for the children. They are transcriptions, not the original documents however. Do you already have dates for the children?? Would be happy to detail these for you if not.

Cheers
Karenlee
Census Information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline maclemett

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 12 June 16 01:18 BST (UK) »
Yes I have those baptism dates thank you though their daughter Maria born 1829 is my great x4 grandmother. I believe there may be more children but haven't been able to find anymore baptisms. Just that elusive marriage haha there's always one I had put a note that Maria's maiden name may have been Bennett. I believe Thomas was born c.1781 and Maria Bennett born c.1784 both from ellastone but it's quite far from Shelton don't know what to do next. Best wishes

Offline karenlee

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Drive it like ya stole it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 12 June 16 01:53 BST (UK) »

I think that I am looking at the wrong family. The children I found were all baptised between 1800 and 1810 - ish. There was a Patience, Sarah, Hannah, Mary, and Maria, but since you say your Maria was baptised 1829 then I am twenty years or more out.

Cheers
Karenlee
Census Information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline maclemett

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 12 June 16 11:16 BST (UK) »
I found those baptisms too they are the children I was thinking they may have had, my ancestress born 1829 was in fact Martha not Maria so your not wrong I believe.